• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

leg clipboard

dujardin

also received today, 2 leg clipboard model MXU-163/p
can someone date this item ?????

PICT0008-4.jpg

byeeeeeeeeeee

marcel

flightmac

I believe they are (late?) 1960's or early 1970's. I'm sorry, I can't give anything but my gut instinct (I'm into the Cold War U.S.A.F.). I have one like those along with an obviously later, sleeker, sturdier design I bought surplus in the early 1980's. I can look through pictures in old books, etc.; but that will take some time I don't have at the moment. When I can come up with something more definite, I will let you know (like that Hi-Altitude suit).

watchmanjimg

We can probably figure it out if you post clearer pictures of the engraved section at the bottom of the clipboard, as well as the white printed section.

dujardin

watchmanjimg said:
We can probably figure it out if you post clearer pictures of the engraved section at the bottom of the clipboard, as well as the white printed section.

hello,

i've tried to make some better photos but alas, my ''pocket'' is not sophisticated enough.

white printed
-------------

TO LOAD BATTERIES
load both positive ends toward switch
(switch cap may be used on either end)

engraved section
----------------

U.S. PROPERTY
TYPE MXU-163/P CLIPBOARD. PILOTS
CONTRACT NO. N 383-80383A
MFR'S. PART NO. FNA-328D
FELSENTHAL INSTRS. CO., CHICAGO

and there is a document still present.
------------------------------------

VMO-6 MAINTENANCE TEST SUPPLEMENT FOR UH-1E

this document is of course for helicopter HUEY so post war...

so, surely something dated approx sixties or seventies.
no interest for me. if someone is interested; let me know.

byeeeeeeeee marcel