• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Late 1970s L2-B

A

Anonymous

Anyone here interested in a an Alpha late 1970s L2-B? I got one from my jeans supplier but I realize I'm not an L2-B kinda guy. This one is in excellent condition although some of the knits (cuffs and neck) have those maddening moth holes even though they are minty and not stretched out at all. I bought it for $60 but be willing to let it go for $40 + shipping. It's an excellent example and has not shrunk up in the front the way 90% seem to be. Let me know- I could send it out Tuesday. I started getting some MA-1s recently and can see the potential addictiveness of the jackets...

Dr H

Willy McCoy said:
Pictures, size and/or series & stock numbers will help with any interest.

Photos also supplied in thread of same name in Buy/Sell.

Peter Graham

rotenhahn said:
I started getting some MA-1s recently and can see the potential addictiveness of the jackets...
MA-1's are very interesting jackets to collect due to the large variation between the different models and contracts. For me the most desirable of the early models is the 1st model Lion uniforms jacket and in regard to the orange lined models, the 1964 Alpha contract with the C&C zippers. Enjoy your MA-1's.

A

Anonymous

It's funny- for me the 1967-1969 Alphas are the coolest. I love the orange- and the nylon on those jackets seems to be slightly thicker than any other version. I have an almost mint Satellite and the nylon is definitely softer than the 1969 Alpha beater I have. The sewing quality and simplicity of design are what I like. I certainly like the old ones too though. With MA-1s newness is the most desirable characteristic- the salty ones have none of the good qualities of a salty old A-2...