• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just got another A2

Just received in the post my Latest Jacket, a 2 year old barely worn Seal HH ELC House A2 with a Crown Zip. Got it for a Song on Ebay, $250 and the thing is just about mint!! It even came with the original Box and instructions etc. Im Pretty stoked with it, its so much nicer than my other ELC A2 which I think must be quite early compared to this one. I just love my old one but The finish, the feel and the build quality on this new one is outstanding compared. And the smell....... :mrgreen:

Im starting to understand you guys and your love for Fine Jackets. I dont know how you can top this but I cant wait to see what a GW is like as they seem to be rated ever so much higher than an ELC....... on VLJ anyway. :D

The picture does no justice what so ever.....

S6303001.jpg

A

Anonymous

Looks great.
I like the color. What size is it? Looks like a 40.

Jaguar46

Would you guess this is the standard issue ELC? And standard HH Seal Brown (B Dept, as opposed as C dept? What size are you, normally. I am considering ordering a 42. Can you post some measurements, and perhaps a close up to see the leather and seams. Thanks

deand

Yes, you got a great deal on a fine A-2! Love to see it on you if you post more shots.

dean

Jaguar46 said:
Would you guess this is the standard issue ELC? And standard HH Seal Brown (B Dept, as opposed as C dept? What size are you, normally. I am considering ordering a 42. Can you post some measurements, and perhaps a close up to see the leather and seams. Thanks

Yeah, its a Standard B dept Issue. I have a 44" chest but fit into most 42" jackets. Im a Short stocky build and This Jacket is a 42s.
It measures; 23.5 pit to pit, Sleeve length under the arm is 19" inc the cuff, 24" over the arm. 19" across the shoulders and the back length from the base of the collar is 25" inc the waist band.

Here's some Pic's, Sorry about the quality, my camera is not that flash. Pic's do no justice. The Leather is still quite flat as its not been worn much but its screaming to be worn and I can see there is some awesome texture just waiting to bust out!!!

Image0443.jpg
Image0445.jpg
Image0444.jpg
Image0442.jpg
Image0449.jpg
Image0448.jpg

jack aranda said:
Nice jacket! Good score! That rich, dark hh is total eye candy.

Yeah, the color deep, its fantastic, its got some great undertones and with a bit of wear, the grain and the lightness of the hides natural color is going to make it pop when it starts to show through!!

Jaguar46

Very, nice and thanks for the pics/ measurements. I am 5'8", 165 lb, wear a 16/32 shirt, and chest measures 40.5-41 bare, 42 with shirt/t-shirt. This would seem to be my size.

You scored.

dmar836

I have to be honest. New to the repros I picked up the ELC '33 Werber and a GW Dubow both very, very lightly used.
Appearance wise, the GW HH is too crinkled(looks like the top of a brownie), soft, mottled, and thin for my taste - almost like some light Italian purse material. It also smells too strongly as if it was finished with an additional leather-smelling product. I know this is John experimenting with hydes and not his patterns or craftsmanship - it's beautiful. If the GW was a different HH, it would likely be my go to jacket. I wish I could press it and stiffen it a bit then let it crinkle according to my body.

I have limited exposure to all the new hottest Japanese/Italian products but, despite some criticisms, I don't think ELC missed by far at all. Could we all be trying too hard?

I do reach for the ELC more when I want to "feel" like I'm wearing an original as the leather is thicker and, as it breaks in, is looking much more authentic.

JMO but I think yours will be perfect!!
Dave
Kansas City

dmar836

It's come to my knowledge that my GW might be from the earlier GW days. The quality is excellent, I just don't care for the lightweight hyde. From all the talk, sales, and pics, I'm sure John has found better hydes and from pics I've seen there are plenty of solid GWs out there now. I write this as I realized I was inadvertently discounting some of John's work. I see why there is the search for the "perfect" jacket. Now if I could just land one of the new Dubows from GW, that might be it!
Dave
KC, USA