• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just bought 2 original WWII Naval aviator ball hats

bazelot

I am looking forward to getting them. When I get them I will check if there is any stamps or label inside. It came out of a WWII navy pilot estate sale.

hat2.jpg

hat.jpg

dmar836

I like! The more I see pics of the period, I wonder if there weren't more variants out there than just the "catalog" items - for both the navy and AAF. I think if we saw these in use we would assume they were the infamous squadron ball caps.
I'm also interested in the Navy B-1's. I have seen one on the USMilitariaforum in OD with a navy tag but never in khaki. I might make one in khaki I'll call "The Halsey" as his always looked khaki to me.
If you ever want to loan one for a pattern, let me know ;)

Dave

bazelot

I got the caps today. They are in great shape. THere is on loop on each side of the inside seam in the rear of the jacket, do any of you guys know what they were for?
Dave, I don't think that would be a problem.

Monsoon

bazelot said:
I got the caps today. They are in great shape. THere is on loop on each side of the inside seam in the rear of the jacket, do any of you guys know what they were for?

Used to thread a dummy-cord through? Not too sure what that loop would be for. :?: