• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jeep cap, watch hat, mechanics...

havocpaul

Does anyone have an original 'Jeep Cap (M-41)' or WW2 USN watch hat or AAF mechanics wool hat to sell in vgc, fancy something warm to wear on my head but not keen on repros unless I buy BR or ELC (fairly expensive).

A

Anonymous

Paul,
I need to check but I think I still have an original USN watch hat in my attic. I gave a LOT of WW2 stuff to a mate but don't think that that was in there.

I'll look tonight. If I can't find it, i know I have a modern one up there as I saw it at the weekend.

You can either free of charge.

Dave

A

Anonymous

I'll let you know if I find anything Andrew. My philosophy is to hell with Ebay for the little things. It isn't worth the hassle.

Hi Paul,
Had a butchers in the attic and can't find the USN watch hat. I did find an original jeep hat with no mothing BUT it came to me with the peak missing (stitching unpicked neatly) and so looks more like a mechanics knit hat.

Would that be an acceptable substitute ?

Dave

havocpaul

Hi Dave
Yes, that's fine, it'll still keep me head warm until I can justify paying out for an ELC or BR wool hat. Thanks again, I'll sort you a large drink at Duxford this summer!

Hawkeye

Might I add that At The Front does a mighty fine Jeep cap and Mechanics cap for a cheap price too. I've had a jeep cap from them for the past year or so and its done a great job.