• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jacket Manufacturers Options for Bigger Men

Digi_guy

Evening All,

I’m looking for a good quality leather jacket FYI (I'm leaning toward a 55J14 G1) my challenge is I’m bigger guy 6’2 300ish I wear a 56/58 suit I was considering buying custom from Fivestar Leather but I wasn’t sure if this was my best option. I have a budget of 1100-1250 I’d appreciate any insight you all can provide. Sorry if this isn't the right location for this post

Digi_guy

Thanks for the insight, I’ve done a bit of research and I assumed that was my best option but wanted to check with the masses

WingAndaPrayer

SMW wholesale makes a very fine A2 in custom sizes. I have 3 in size 54/56. It’s much better materials and construction than FiveStar. The only thing is SMW is a generic pattern A2 while FiveStar is taken from original patterns.

mulceber

I’m looking for a good quality leather jacket FYI (I'm leaning toward a 55J14 G1) my challenge is I’m bigger guy 6’2 300ish I wear a 56/58 suit I was considering buying custom from Fivestar Leather but I wasn’t sure if this was my best option. I have a budget of 1100-1250 I’d appreciate any insight you all can provide. Sorry if this isn't the right location for this post
The problem you're going to run into with a G-1 at your size is that they were all made of goatskin. Goats simply aren't very large animals, so some of the panels on a size 56 or 58 jacket will likely be too large to be made of goatskin. I think you're better off with an A-2, which were normally made of either cowhide or horsehide.