• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jacket Back Design Elements

442RCT

442 RTC,
Remember the conversation about a "V"shape to the overall layout? Those three all appear to have it.
Dave

Dave, I appreciate your artistic advice and will keep it in mind when I'm looking at jackets.

I admit, my jacket back 'design exercises' tend to be a bit "busy" with all the individual elements I toss in to tell a story. These design exercises are for what I term, 'tribute' jackets, and not necessarily inspired by WW2 reproductions (if I see one I like, I won't hesitated to shamelessly copy a WW2 jacket back, i.e. Spring Plowin')

The 'Memphis Belle' jacket is pretty straight forward in the "V" shape.

I don't see that "V" in my, "Winn's Warriors" jacket, which was an interpretation of an original WW2 jacket. Most of the elements < towards the left side of the jacket.
38058572.jpg

Big Beautiful Doll...hmmm, I don't really see the "V" shape, unless it's the kill marks along the bottom acting as the taper.
DSCF0080-1.jpg

I'm having a Jerome designed jacket copied just because I really liked it. I have no idea if the artist will do justice to the paint job (Jerome was in a league of his own).
I do see the subtle V you point out.
225344510.jpg