• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jacket Art - Fail

442RCT

A few months ago, I commissioned jacket art from an artist who did an excellent job painting my first jacket. That was a cartoon type artwork. For my second jacket, I asked the artist if he could do an Elvgren or Vargas pin-up girl. He assured me he could. It turned out to be less than what was expected. He did not have that subtle touch for shading and proportion required for a pin-up girl (i.e like a Jerome jacket) :( ...his cartoon art was great but his ability to paint a pin-up girl was not good. He sent me pics of the project and I was dumbfounded as to what to say. :shock: The pics of his sample jacket with a Vargas pin-up were great...his pin-up girl on my jacket was 'amateurish' at best.

I'm thinking I'll just have my ELC returned, then find a way to 're-touch' the pin-up girl. :roll:

Silver Dollar

Definitely show us the pics. With a little creativity and some 320 grit black wet dry sandpaper, I'm sure you can touch it up with no problem.

442RCT

Silver Dollar said:
Definitely show us the pics. With a little creativity and some 320 grit black wet dry sandpaper, I'm sure you can touch it up with no problem.

SD, glad to see you back :D .
I'll post pics when I receive my jacket, it's in the mail.
Before I judge the artwork, I want to see the jacket in person. :roll:
I hope I'm totally wrong and it turns out brilliant. :oops: