• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It’s Time to Get Back to Our Roots!….. Episode 3 The Bronco.

B-Man2

Hey Guys
Here’s the next original for your review. It’s an original Bronco 29191 manufactured in May of 1942. The contract was for 50,000 jackets at a cost of $8.00 per jacket. Once again, contrary to prominent thought several years ago. this jacket was made from Cowhide according to Gary Eastman’s A2 Manual . Once again if you haven’t acquired one of these books, it’s an outstanding resource guide for this hobby .
So for the real purists among us , let me take a moment to point out the totally wonky positioning and size of the pockets . The left pocket is bigger than the right . The left pocket flap is higher than the right one and the pockets are misaligned . Now if you were to order a 5 Star or an Eastman and this jacket was delivered with these issues , I’m sure the buyer would be loosing his cookies over these mistakes. Being wartime and the urgency to fulfill the contact … no one cared.
Lastly this contract comes with a crown No5 zipper . Ok .. so once again I’m posting these jackets for your review and comparison with your repro jackets of this contract. Take a look at the original Bronco and see where your repro of this jacket is spot on or where it could do better. I hope you all enjoy the photos .

IMG_2513.jpeg
IMG_2514.jpeg
IMG_2515.jpeg
IMG_2516.jpeg
IMG_2517.jpeg
IMG_2518.jpeg
IMG_2519.jpeg
IMG_2520.jpeg
IMG_2521.jpeg
IMG_2522.jpeg

Last edited:

B-Man2

Thanks for doing this series, Burt. I've been meaning to contribute an original to the effort. So here are some photos of Rip DePascal's Cable 27753:
View attachment 137833
View attachment 137815
View attachment 137817
View attachment 137819
View attachment 137821
View attachment 137823
View attachment 137825
View attachment 137827
View attachment 137829
View attachment 137831
That’s a great jacket with some awesome provenance, thanks to Natalie . Have you given any thought to having Steve Sellers recondition the exterior hide on this one ? I think he could really make it look like a real gem .

mulceber

That’s a great jacket with some awesome provenance, thanks to Natalie . Have you given any thought to having Steve Sellers recondition the exterior hide on this one ? I think he could really make it look like a real gem .
Worth asking him about! I might do that. I've given it some vaseline, but he might know of something that could *really* bring it to life.