• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ISSUE OF GREAT CONCERN REGARDING DECORATIONS FOR RED TAILS

Status
Not open for further replies.

bfrench

Administrator
Hi, Folks,

It isn't very often when I have to step in as moderator but unfortunately this is one of those times.

I deleted the original post and all the replies that started this thread.

When you have parties involved with a dispute that arises from them doing work for others and being paid to do so then it leaves VLJ in a precarious position and possibly wide open to litigation.

My suggestion would be for the author to get in touch with the other party / parties and settle it elsewhere.

Sadly,
Bill French

PS - I didn't realize that another thread of the same content by the same author of this one was on another part of the forum.

That thread has been deleted without any moderator comment as will be any other threads of similar content in any other sections.

ButteMT61

Re: ISSUE OF GREAT CONCERN REGARDING DECORATIONS FOR RED TAI

Thanks! Makes sense as one poster said. I was looking for the thread and wondered what happened :lol:

rob75IT

Dear Bill
I thought about long time before writing the topic.
Even if his name was not mentioned in the topic, I just received a nasty mail from the other person..
After this mail I still think that it was the just one solution to show the problem!
Roberto

bfrench said:
Hi, Folks,

It isn't very often when I have to step in as moderator but unfortunately this is one of those times.

When you have parties involved with a dispute that arises from them doing work for others and being paid to do so then it leaves VLJ in a precarious position and possibly wide open to litigation.

My suggestion would be for the author to get in touch with the other party / parties and settle it elsewhere.

Sadly,
Bill French

Vcruiser

Best of luck,Roberto!
You have many friends here.
Van

Persimmon

Hi Roberto
I am sorry that this is happening to you.
For me copyright of artwork is vitally important in my job and I detest shameful acts as you speak of.
I hear the try and resolve the issue with the other person (but it seems you have even tried that without success) but for me personally that is a waste of time.
I would ask you to name them with examples of specifics and show them up.
I will personally chase this person and try and get it out to as many forums etc as possible and would hope similar folks consider similar actions.
Name and shame please.

Bill, I missed the whole thread so can't comment on your reasonings for deleting the post (the comments of other members ?) but hope you allow Roberto to not be pushed aside by another person/company.

Your comment that "When you have parties involved with a dispute that arises from them doing work for others and being paid to do so then it leaves VLJ in a precarious position and possibly wide open to litigation."

As I understand it Roberto did work for a film (supplying product) and this was agreed between himself and the film company (the second party of an agreement between the two). Unless VLJ commisioned this project or sanctioned it by yourself or any other administrator and signed an agreement as part of this contract then all Roberto is doing is informing us of a disagreement between himself and another person.
Therefore I cannot see the softly softly approach being necessary or indeed fair to Roberto and the threat of litigation to VLJ is equally incorrect.

I cannot believe this is another member of the Forum. I sincerely hope not.
If it is then shame on that individual and I for one would want to know who they are.

ausreenactor

bfrench said:
Hi, Folks,

Sadly,
Bill French

There was certainly no venom in the post, I thought it a post that bought up ethics and standards, something I have prized highly as a generic trait until the GFC when a more mercenary mentality has prevailed on rare occasions. There has been great debate over the Red Tails jacket issue. Was the flak due to fly the other way? Censorship? Thin skins? We will never know now...

Couchy

bfrench

Administrator

Hi, Folks,

In my original post I thought that I had made it quite clear that the reason for deleting all of it was a possibility of litigation.

We have been threatened to be taken down that road before and I see no reason to go there again.

I had thought that this would just go away but obviously not.

So on that sour note, I'm closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.