• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this USAF transfer correct?

Chris217

I noticed the new Buzz L-2a's have this white outlined USAF transfer.

Has anybody seen any original L-2a's with this type transfer?
br11302_01_3.jpg

watchmanjimg

I'm not sure it's correct, but if so I doubt it's typical. That type of transfer generally appears on the inside of the garment in my observation.

NW Carver

Hence one of the reasons why their Superior Togs L2A is the version that I want, not their newer BR version......as covered earlier on, they do not do a 'plain' version of these and I am going to have to get the patched version... :D

Although I like the patched versions of these jackets (and I do have B10 with the USAAF emblem on the arm and a B15C with the same), I must admit that any jackets with either the US emblem, US flag or words US Air Force on do seem to get rather nasty looks and attitude problems from some people when I am out wearing a jacket that has this on.... :x

I have had to end up explaining twice to people that I am not in the US Air Force and that I am a collector and like the jackets - although I full support everything that both the UK and US forces are doing at the moment - much to these types of peoples disgust!!

There are some real morons out there in the UK - especially in London, when I wear my jackets on a dress down day at work, as I travel in...(although two of my bosses are American and fully approve of them! :D )

Has anybody else had a similar problem within the UK, or externally? Do you think this is having an impact on sales of BR and Eastman kit with the US logo's on?

Swing

Chris217 said:
I noticed the new Buzz L-2a's have this white outlined USAF transfer.

Has anybody seen any original L-2a's with this type transfer?

Pretty sure I've seen that style on a blue jacket (don't remember what model), but they aren't common.

~Swing

Tim P

I like the standard decal. Buzz rickson keep the market moving by constantly rehashing standard lines as far as I can see. I remember being hellish uncomfortable in a hairy, white collared b10, stagg clothing co label in maroon on cream. Long since unavailable but very much de rigeur at the time. I think the lesson here which I am learning with buzz rickson stuff is, if it is there and it fits you, choose it over another item that is more likely to be available longer term.
I always said when mooching round the ELC stall, I must get one of those olive lined blue L2a's one of these days. then they dry up. the current white decal one, which I was unaware of til just now, does not do it for me. glad to have my B15C and deck zip jackets. will wait out on a second hand one I guess.

rb3586

The 50's movie DVD, "The Hunters", has several extras walking through scenes wearing blue and green jackets, with the large white transfer. It really stands out once you look for it.

stanier

NW Carver said:
Hence one of the reasons why their Superior Togs L2A is the version that I want, not their newer BR version......as covered earlier on, they do not do a 'plain' version of these and I am going to have to get the patched version... :D

Although I like the patched versions of these jackets (and I do have B10 with the USAAF emblem on the arm and a B15C with the same), I must admit that any jackets with either the US emblem, US flag or words US Air Force on do seem to get rather nasty looks and attitude problems from some people when I am out wearing a jacket that has this on.... :x

I have had to end up explaining twice to people that I am not in the US Air Force and that I am a collector and like the jackets - although I full support everything that both the UK and US forces are doing at the moment - much to these types of peoples disgust!!

There are some real morons out there in the UK - especially in London, when I wear my jackets on a dress down day at work, as I travel in...(although two of my bosses are American and fully approve of them! :D )

Has anybody else had a similar problem within the UK, or externally? Do you think this is having an impact on sales of BR and Eastman kit with the US logo's on?

Sorry to hear you have this problem. I live in Bedfordshire and regularly travel to London together with the North of England and love badged / patched jackets. I've never had the problem you describe. Just the opposite really. Sure the're not just envious looks?

A

Anonymous

So Nigel, will you be badging your recent Brent L2 then or not ? ;)

Dave

bgbdesign

I've seen both the L-2 and L-2-A with white outline USAF transfers.
Photos from "The Hunters" with Robert Mitchum. All the jackets were original in the film although some were incorrect for the time ( such as a B-15-D during the Korean war)
bg
hunters2.jpg

Chris217

Man, am I glad to see you back!! :D

Do you think this style of transfer is perhaps a USAF depot transfer, put on after the jacket had been re-worked, such as cuff replacement, or MOD update?