• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is it my jacket or is it my body?

JDPNY

getattachmentgo.jpg

getattachment1zs.jpg

Are the epaulettes too far forward on this A-2?

Thanks
Jeff

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Which maker is it? I recently had a Flight Apparel Industries A-2 where they sat too far forward ... otherwise a good looking jacket for the money.

Does the jacket sit better round the shoulders if you wear a shirt with it?

better duck

they certainly are forward (instead of right on top of your shoulder). Whether this is "wrong" I wouldn't presume. If anything on all my repro jackets (ELC and GW) the epaulettes are right on top of my shoulder, some even a little behind the top.

Roughwear

They are certainly further forward than on most originals, but are similar to the positioning of epaulets on 1942 Spiewak A2s.

JDPNY

Thanks guys, I thought it looked wrong. This is a very nicely made goatskin repro I picked up from a used clothing dealer for very little money. Unfortunately the label is missing. Except for the shoulder epaulettes it is a great jacket. I don't think I can wear it with the configuration of the design... my search for a new preloved A-2 continues...

Jeff

Hamsterbear

What size are you looking for? Many members here have "extra" jackets they are always willing to sell/trade.
-Brian

MikeyB-17

I don't think they look too bad. So they're forward a bit, but I don't think the look suffers because of it. Wouldn't stop me wearing it.

1911A1US

Is the lining kind of a purplish silk,(Bemberg) correct me guys if the spelling is not correct.Willis and Geiger?

navvet

If you paid very little for the jacket maybe you could find a good seamstress who works with leather to move the epaulets up, to be centered on the seam.. I have done this with one jacket and it is not noticeable unless you hold it about 6 inches from your eyes.