• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is 1800 Too much for this A2?

Happy Hooligan

I was thinking about getting this jacket but not sure if the price was too high. The guys asking $1800.

I haven't seen it in person yet, but the photos. The labels gone.

Silver Surfer

the back isnt exactly clear. any provenance being offered with the jac? size? actual condition? with more, and detailed pix, you can better make your assessment. if its the real deal, $1800 is a knock out price.

Happy Hooligan

I was told it was probably a 38 size. I'm going to see it tomorrow. I don't think I can just buy it to keep it so I'll have to pass it on once I get it. It just seemed like a deal but I haven't kept up with A2 prices in years. What could I get for it as is knowing just what we know?

TankBuster

The missing label will really hurt it with the guys that pay big money. Assuming all the art and patches are legit, with no provenance and the missing label, I would say $2,200-$2,600 on the market.

Happy Hooligan

I didn't buy it yet. The back is a of an 8 ball with wings, not sure of the plane as it was faded a little, in a shy of blue. The zipper was a con mar (blackened) It looked like an original though. But it had two squadrons on it. One painted like the back of the 714th Bombardment Squadron and a leather diamond patch for the 91st Fighter Squadron.

Why would it have two? Did the guy finish WWII and then change to the 91st for Korea?

I can see where the tag was as the lining looks original. The cuffs looked pretty good two but I'm not positive they're original as they looked almost too good. I didn't see any moth nibbles at all.