• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Irvin with interesting label

Andrew

Not exactly the label but moreso the position and how it's fixed. Very low on the jacket and through the hide. This is not how it was ever done when they left the factory, someone's re-attached at some time- but who knows why. They were busy removing them or simply falling off during the War. Strange one.......

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... SS:AU:1123

Roughwear

This Irvin has been on its travels, three owners since it was in my possession. The label is certainly in an odd place and the machine stitching appeared original to the jacket when I had it. The jacket is not as good as the seller makes out. Some of the panels are weak and at least one was replaced by me using matching sheepskin. I am not 100% convinced it was the work of Irvin Air Chute. The stamp on the label may not stand for IAC but could just be an AM inspector's stamp.