• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interesting L-2A

Dumpster D

This might come off sounding like an indirect appraisal request, which is not what I mean by this.

I don't know. Good question. I'm not going to find out about the cuffs and waist for the $1800 asking price, and haven't brushed up on my Jacket values currently but are L-2A Jackets rare or exceptional collectibles? Is there a certain era that holds more current value?

That said, the cuffs on first appearance look like they've got some 'fuzz' to them, if they're replacement they've been carefully made to look washed and worn with the jacket. Can't say whether it's legit or?

All I know, is the Last time I was downtown in 2015, and saw racks of NOS L-2B (not L-2A) jackets with mothy cuffs at a vintage clothing shop, I picked one up for a whopping $60.

Also, I don't see any moth damage on these L-2A cuffs, so it raises my red flag of suspicion, to the level of skeptical, plus the listing seems to mention everything but the cuffs which is especially unusual considering they are not a match, and you would think that might be worth noting in the description.

The seller is open to 'asking questions' before bidding, so it might be worth a shot to inquire?

Needless to say, pretty much all vintage flight jackets and vintage military garments on the market here, have since but disappeared from circulation, I suspect it's being shipped internationally and sold for higher retail.

Wouldn't be the first time anyone ever got burned buying from ebay.

Last time I asked a seller if the item I was buying from them will be the correct fitting part, I was assured it was....

It was not.

Last edited:

Dany McDonald

Hi guys,

Yes very interesting kit!

It's all original and super rare in that condition. Also been online for almost 2 years. The asking price is steep but the seller has two problems, and big ones, the small size (36) and the missing Tag. Most probably a Superior Togs like he says in the auction.

I have no problems with the overall state of those L-2, as my two B-15C have mint knits and one has pale tan cuffs, original to the jacket. The korean war era jackets with colored knits has been discussed here a lot and elsewhere and quite easy to find online.

The price tag again, he is open to play a bit cause he offered me a price last year on this beauty.

He also has this beauty, again in superb condition: https://www.ebay.com/itm/256337583483?hash=item3baee91d7b:g:PeUAAOSwAwRkwbUl . But no tags and a size 34, yikes!

About L-2B and the B family knits in general, I always suspected that they started to use a different quality or manufacturing process, more prone to moths and weaker, going for saving cost...?

I have been trying to acquire nylons kits for a while and yes the L-2 (A), N-2 (A), N-3 (A) and B-15B+ are very rare and super hard to find in any condition, there is definitely a collectors market there.

Cheers,

Dany a nylon head (if that exist).

Griffon_301

BR , as I’m sure you know, did l2 a’s with same knits so this could be legit

I have a L-2 with non standard brown knits from BR.
the knits look like they were coming from an A-2 :)
guess maybe back in the times when the L-2s were introduced A-2 knit replacements may have been more readily available than L-2 ones so that marriage of jacket and nits came about....

Jorgeenriqueaguilera

I don't think those knits are original to the jacket. Original knits never develop those balls (no matter how worn they are), that is a giveaway for me.
0e333580-f37c-42b4-85e8-3524a846b494.jpeg

Last edited: