• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Inherited Jackets

Kim79

Hi everyone, a family member who has recently passed away has left us with a lot of clothing. Included are these two jackets. He seemed to have a good eye for this stuff and would buy from charity shops. I've been doing some research online and contacted the manufacturers directly. I've already found out that the mex tex jacket is an early CODY jacket that was made in London and dates back to mid 80's. It seems that there are a lot of variations of the Avirex jacket. If anyone has any info on these jackets that they'd be happy to share I'd be very grateful. Thank you :)

Attachments

• avc1.jpg
    avc1.jpg
    756.5 KB · Views: 109
  • avc2.jpg
    avc2.jpg
    752.9 KB · Views: 113
  • avc3.jpg
    avc3.jpg
    933.3 KB · Views: 107
  • avc4.jpg
    avc4.jpg
    877.2 KB · Views: 118
  • DSC_0066_1 (1).jpg
    DSC_0066_1 (1).jpg
    682.2 KB · Views: 122
  • DSC_0070_1.jpg
    DSC_0070_1.jpg
    802.4 KB · Views: 145
  • DSC_0072_1 (1).jpg
    DSC_0072_1 (1).jpg
    666.2 KB · Views: 119

MikeyB-17

The Avirex is not one of their more hideous examples, actually quite a nice Letterman style jacket in good condition. The Mex Tex job is interesting, that was one of the labels of Lloyd Johnson, very popular on the fashion scene in London in the early/mid 80’s, worn by many a famous musician, including George Michael’s famous ’Faith’ leather jacket-I believe havocpaul, one of the chaps on here lent him that jacket-or a jacket, at least. I went to his shop in the basement of Kensington Market (aah, those were the days!)-great shoes. He did a range of Kamikaze pilot-influenced flight jackets and boots around that time. If you haven’t already, a Google search of his name will reveal some interesting stuff, and things like that jacket appear to be becoming collectible, and although we don’t do valuations, a look at EBay will probably give you an idea.