• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

in Belgium 44

dujardin

reading a little my books in place of waisting time (and money) on ebay i found those photos back and decide to share with you

RAF Belgian pilots at Chièvres (US airbase)
RAFBelgianpilotsbackonhomeland.jpg

preflight meet's
preflightmeet.jpg

ammo load on a P47
P47atChivresB-387thFS.jpg

and for the fun, :D
this is how Hacker use to land, :twisted:
Hacker.jpg

byeeeeeeeeeee marcel ;)

Andrew

Interesting shots Marcel. so the Belgians who were in the RAF wore RAF kit and Irvins (as did other Nationals)? I take it from the captions that the other shots are of AAF personnel?

dujardin

Leadsky said:
Interesting shots Marcel. so the Belgians who were in the RAF wore RAF kit and Irvins (as did other Nationals)? I take it from the captions that the other shots are of AAF personnel?

hello,

yes, (for what i know) Belgian pilots were involved into RAF and fully equiped '' à l'anglaise'', same for the army and navy.
after war, BAF use Spitfire, Meteor, Hunter and after that US planes and equipments.

byeeeeeeeeeee marcel

Andrew

Not Belgian, but a close neighbour- one of the best WWII autobiographical reads is Pierre Clostermanns "The Big Show" all about his Typhoon exploits. What a great story and a lucky man.