• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ike jacket - help please

stanier

Hi all,

I've got a couple of 40's events coming up in August, and whilst my perfect A-2 seems as elusive as ever, and the weather is far too warm for my B-10 or D-1, I thought I'd get an Ike type jacket with USAAF insignia. Can anyone help with recomending a quality repro and supplier?

I already have Eastman Officer pinks, Eastman Rangoon shirt and tie, BR Officer shoes and Diamond crusher, so I'm looking for something of comparable quality.

Any help gratefully received.

Cheers

ausreenactor

At The Front Ike is great, you can do officer and other ranks with the same colour wool. They may be doing a Chocolate on in the future. WPG does a Chocolate one for US$175. Usually well put together stuff.

Coucy

stanier

Thanks Couchy, I've sent ATF an e-mail, and after looking at the website it looks like they have some originals. Would the ones used by the USAAF have been chocolate?

I've also enquired about insignia. Is there anywhere else I should consider for insignia?

Sorry for all the q's and if they're daft; knowledge on this item is all new for me!

Cheers all