• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Idea for a patch:

jack aranda

I've been noodling around in the back of my head for some time with an idea for a patch. This "Golden Dragons" patch from the desecrated G-1 on ebay is uncannily like the one I have envisioned:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %26otn%3D2

My patch has an angry Godzilla releasing a nuke from his claws, with a mushroom cloud behind and a small ship in the foreground (the ship courtesy of 'ties' input on the project. Thank you, ties.) Around the border would be the following:

2-54 (top); Lucky Dragon Five (bottom). Here's the backstory, as I understand it:
In February, 1954, a Japanese fishing boat, the "Lucky Dragon Five" sailed too close to a nuke test in the Pacific. Several crewmen became ill from radiation poisoning; the radio operator later died. This event coincided with Toho Studios project to create a new monster film. The result: Godzilla! A monster from the prehistoric world unleashed into the atomic age.

This patch is a definite tongue-in-cheek salute to the Big Green Guy and his roots. I'm putting the idea out to the collective creative genius here at VLJ to see what you come up with. I will, of course, pay for the patch, once we get an ieda that fits the bill. The ebay patch looks embroidered; I'd prefer a painted leather patch, but, let's see what develops. Thanks.