• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ID this anyone??? What the???

a2jacketpatches

I bought a huge pile of stuff yesterday to include 1 W1 Haversack, an M1928 Haversack, 5 Jungle first aid kit pouches, 2 Carbine slings mint with oilers, 5 unissued Vietnam dated helmet bands with leather liner chin straps, a BAR ammo belt, 10 pocket M1 Ammo Belt, a few WW2 British musette type bags, a large amount of feeding spoons and stripper clips for the M16, M3 Grease gun ammo pouches, carlise kit pouches, a German P-38 barrel, nylon P41 field pack, and a bunch of other oddball stuff. I got three of these and can't find info on them anywhere.

Phantomfixer

hard to tel the size...what are the dimensions? my first thought was the PRC-90 survival radio...will one fit in the case? The radio is about 1.5 inches thick, 7 inches tall, and about 3.25 inches wide...

my bad are those one inch grid marks??? If so the PRC-90 would fit perfectly in one

a2jacketpatches

Phantomfixer said:
hard to tel the size...what are the dimensions? my first thought was the PRC-90 survival radio...will one fit in the case? The radio is about 1.5 inches thick, 7 inches tall, and about 3.25 inches wide...

my bad are those one inch grid marks??? If so the PRC-90 would fit perfectly in one

Yup, one inch squares, sounds like a good lead and i'll start looking it up now, Thanks

Phantomfixer

I have a radio...would you be interested in selling one? I have yet to find a container like that on the net...looks like something our sheetmetal folks could have made locally..that might me a possibility ????? The latches look like USGI shipping container latches...stuff we shipped aircraft parts with. anyway cool piece of gear

watchmanjimg

Very interesting! I served on tanks using the M85 for three years and don't recall ever seeing such a container.

a2jacketpatches

watchmanjimg said:
Very interesting! I served on tanks using the M85 for three years and don't recall ever seeing such a container.
I read that they were used on M60's and not very long after that because they were problematic.