• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HWT for a lambskin jacket?

jack aranda

Do any of you have experience shrinking a lambskin jacket using the HWT? A buddy was given a nice lambskin jacket by his father-in-law. It is too large by half. He asked me, and I mentioned the HWT, then had second thoughts, as it is lambskin. There are no returns and no refunds on the jacket; it is either shirnk it or don't wear it. Suggestions? Thanks.

Jaguar46

jack aranda said:
Do any of you have experience shrinking a lambskin jacket using the HWT? A buddy was given a nice lambskin jacket by his father-in-law. It is too large by half. He asked me, and I mentioned the HWT, then had second thoughts, as it is lambskin. There are no returns and no refunds on the jacket; it is either shirnk it or don't wear it. Suggestions? Thanks.

3 Options.
1. Shrink it, then wear it.
2. Don't shrink it, don't wear it.
3. Shrink it, it doesn't work, don't wear it.

Let us know how the shrink process turns out?

jschare

Jaguar46 said:
jack aranda said:

3 Options.

4. Sell it

I just did the HWT on a goatskin G-1 and it turned out well.

jack aranda

Thanks for the info, guys. 10% would give him a nice fit; this thing is way large on him. I'll tell him to HWT it. It'll be a 'science experiment'. I'll pass along results. Have a great week-end, all.

Jaguar46

jschare said:
Jaguar46 said:
jack aranda said:

3 Options.

4. Sell it

I just did the HWT on a goatskin G-1 and it turned out well.

Option 5. Give it away.
Option 6. Cut it up for making patches, braiding, slingshots, etc.
Option 7. Use it for fire starter.

Or do what I do. Let it stay on the hanger in the closet, and let my heirs worry about it.

jack aranda

Ahoy, lads! An update to our 'science experiment': my pal soaked his black lambskin mall coat in hot water, then into the dryer for a couple of hours tumble (after pre-heating). Results: very good! The coat shrunk about 10% in length; sleeves are now satisfactory; girth, slightly reduced. He now has a credible black leather coat. He looks like a bag man for the Omaha mob. A happy bag man.