• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

how many times one of these has come up!!

Peter Graham

The Cooper has had a postwar rebuild. The stamp is US Airforce as opposed to Army Air Forces. I like those inside pockets on the Roughwear. They look like they were made from jump jacket pockets. Original, who knows ?

asiamiles

Peter Graham said:
The Cooper has had a postwar rebuild. The stamp is US Airforce as opposed to Army Air Forces. I like those inside pockets on the Roughwear. They look like they were made from jump jacket pockets. Original, who knows ?

The pockets are just stitched onto the liner and not through the leather; looks better but not so strong. I guess originals could be found done both ways.

havocpaul

Very nice Cooper....strange Contrailschaser is only shipping this selection to USA, doesn't flag up on search from UK.

A

Anonymous

Peter Graham said:

They're not jump jacket pockets. That's for sure. Those (on the m1941 patt jacket at least) had 2 snaps and were pleated in the middle. Those pockets are the sort a rigger (or my gran) could've made.

Dave

Stony

I sold an untouched original Cooper about a year ago to Gary Eastman after it didn't sell on the Bay. It came with a bunch of other cool stuff from the same pilot and I sold that seperately to a collector when the initial auction didn't even come close to reserve. I still have the custom foot locker with the pilot's name on it.

Peter Graham

Stony said:
I sold an untouched original Cooper about a year ago to Gary Eastman after it didn't sell on the Bay. It came with a bunch of other cool stuff from the same pilot and I sold that seperately to a collector when the initial auction didn't even come close to reserve. I still have the custom foot locker with the pilot's name on it.
I remember that one. It was a beauty. If I could have afforded it I would have bought the whole lot.