• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Houston L-2B...any opinions?

ties70

Hi,

just checked out Rakuten for B-10 jackets and ended up with something different:
A decent priced Houston L-2B....Looks as if the XXL would even fit a fat-a** European ;)

http://en.item.rakuten.com/kawa/ho5l2bx/

Any ideas about the quality, especially in relation to the price? I already have an N-3A from Houston, that I am really happy with (real mouton in the hood, coyote fur)...

Thanks for the help!

Ties

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
It's a good deal, but they seem to have monkeyed with the pattern. Maybe it's the model, it looks narrow, and tapered ... and the waistband's too deep.

Atticus

Here's an original Rolen I once owned for comparison.

wisconsin127.jpg

ho5l2bx-1-1.jpg

AF

ties70

Hi,

thanks for the feedback!

I do not know anything about nylon jackets, but I see what you mean with the lack of authenticity....with these slim, heroin addicted japanese models ;) one can never be sure if it is the pattern that is weird or if it comes from the size 34 or 36 pictures.

Ties

usafwso

It is way too fashion forward looking for my taste. The jacket should be a bit baggier on the model, not skin tight. Any tighter he might as well be wearing an MC-3 high altitude suit.

hacker

ties70 said:
Hi,

...with these slim, heroin addicted japanese models ;) one can never be sure if it is the pattern that is weird or if it comes from the size 34 or 36 pictures.

Ties

And I thought it was the sushi :shock:

Hacker

watchmanjimg

ties70 said:
Hi,

thanks for the feedback!

I do not know anything about nylon jackets, but I see what you mean with the lack of authenticity....with these slim, heroin addicted japanese models ;) one can never be sure if it is the pattern that is weird or if it comes from the size 34 or 36 pictures.

Ties

No doubt the maker could have messed with the pattern, but I suspect the jacket in the photo is at least two sizes too small for the model. One could achieve a similar look by putting a vintage Medium on someone who wears a modern Large.

This looks very much like the time I squeezed into a Medium grey-lined Tops Apparel L-2B that was unquestionably original. :lol:

greyhound52

watchmanjimg said:
ties70 said:
Hi,

thanks for the feedback!

Ties

No doubt the maker could have messed with the pattern, but I suspect the jacket in the photo is at least two sizes too small for the model. One could achieve a similar look by putting a vintage Medium on someone who wears a modern Large.

This looks very much like the time I squeezed into a Medium grey-lined Tops Apparel L-2B that was unquestionably original. :lol:

Agree, BTW I tried on that same jacket which was outstanding almost mint and it looked skin tight.

Atticus

watchmanjimg said:
...but I suspect the jacket in the photo is at least two sizes too small for the model. One could achieve a similar look by putting a vintage Medium on someone who wears a modern Large.
In Eastern N.C., such is known as a blivit.

A blivit is ten pounds of shit stuffed into a five-pound sack.

muffin-top-on-motorcycle-1.jpg

AF

watchmanjimg

greyhound52 said:
watchmanjimg said:
ties70 said:
Hi,

thanks for the feedback!

Ties

Agree, BTW I tried on that same jacket which was outstanding almost mint and it looked skin tight.

Wasn't that a shame, George? Damn, I wanted that jacket but it was just too small. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
watchmanjimg said:

This doesn't appear to be the case, Jim ... in fact just the opposite. He weighs a little over 9 stone, with a 33.5" chest.

• + model data
    Height: 172cm / Weight 58kg / Bust 85cm / Waist 75cm
    Size M worn.

watchmanjimg

deeb7 said:
watchmanjimg said:

This doesn't appear to be the case, Jim ... in fact just the opposite. He weighs a little over 9 stone, with a 33.5" chest.

• + model data
    Height: 172cm / Weight 58kg / Bust 85cm / Waist 75cm
    Size M worn.

Apparently in this instance it's the former of the two scenarios I mentioned, David, but as George and I pointed out the latter can be realized with original jackets. If you saw a picture of me wearing the Medium Tops Apparel the fit would be a dead ringer for the Houston model, albeit with larger dimensions.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
watchmanjimg said:
Apparently in this instance it's the former of the two scenarios I mentioned, David ....

Google translated the text from a few of the other vendors:

Custom version to resize the width, and armholes ...

And this gem:

redesigned to simplify the sizing.

kevlarg

Well I briefly had an original L-2 that was a 34 when I usually wear a 38 and it fit something like that although not quite so skin-tight. I'm wearing it in my avatar.

See how deep the waist band looks and how short the body is? My sleeves were a little too short but baggy compared to the jacket in question.

tgd31968

Atticus said:
watchmanjimg said:
...but I suspect the jacket in the photo is at least two sizes too small for the model. One could achieve a similar look by putting a vintage Medium on someone who wears a modern Large.
In Eastern N.C., such is known as a blivit.

A blivit is ten pounds of sh*t stuffed into a five-pound sack.

muffin-top-on-motorcycle-1.jpg

AF

Thanks. Now I have to gouge my eyes out.

33.5" chest, 29" waist and a Medium looks that tight on him? I am guessing a size 44 like me would need an XXXXXXL in japanese sizes.