• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hi Ho, Hi Ho...it's off to work we go....

ties70

It's been a while since I last posted something...

...reason is I got stuck in a "little" canvas project that turned out to take longer than expected (I only had half an hour here and there, so it took weeks for me to finish it.). Actually, I just noticed that I forgot the cooler cap :-(

Seuss.jpg

Some of you might know the old propaganda poster by Ted Geissel aka Dr. Seuss....it is a starter of a small series of canvas / acrylic picture that will show old WWII posters, mainly with "Car pool / gas saving" background.

Size is roughly 15" by 27".

Take care

Ties

dujardin

very nice... very nice.....

it's splendidddddddddddddddddddddd

if only i had 10% of your talent.....gee......

atkins

Excellent work Ties. Could you share how to transfer the image to canvas? ( if not a secret)

ties70

atkins said:
Excellent work Ties. Could you share how to transfer the image to canvas? ( if not a secret)

Oscar,

it is no secret at all:

The canvas was painted with the black and yellow paint. Afterwards I printed out the stencil font of "Help win the war" on light cardboard, cut out the letters and used this to stencil the canvas (undiluted paint on a quite large brush). "Squeeze in one more" was done free-hand, but "Hi Ho...." was stencilled as well.

I transferred the image onto the yellow-painted canvas by using ordinary carbon copy paper...just trace the lines, but be careful: If you press the rest of the paper to much, you will end with carbon smudges all over the picture.

Best regards

Ties

A

Anonymous

Excellent work, looks like something out of Disney studio's. I sent you a PM on the patch sitting in front of your painting.

shedonwanna

A larger canvas is much different than the small leather patches. Nice 3rd BG patch - here is one I did a while back...

3rdBombGroup.jpg

A

Anonymous

shedonwanna said:
A larger canvas is much different than the small leather patches. Nice 3rd BG patch - here is one I did a while back...

3rdBombGroup.jpg
Looks great, like the detail.

EMBLEMHUNTER

What's the history behind your 3rd Bomb Group "Skeleton w/scythe" ????????? Never seen this one use with that group ????????
Johnny

shedonwanna

EMBLEMHUNTER said:
What's the history behind your 3rd Bomb Group "Skeleton w/scythe" ????????? Never seen this one use with that group ????????
Johnny

Actually it's a 13th BS now active with the 509th Operations Group ,flying the B-2, that was painted by request. Not all the patches painted and displayed here are exact reproductions of WWII era designs. I do a lot of work for active duty squadrons that sometimes want an older look to a current design or a custom design with a bit of a link to the past. Here is a more accurate 3rd BG ...

3rdbg.jpg