• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HGU-4P Sunglasses

USMC_GAU-21

Hey guys,

Did I miss something, a memo, a report, a grand estate release, but this is the 3rd sale I have watched is as many weeks of HGU-4P 12KGF Flight Glasses that went over $400 US at auction?

When did HGU-4P's become so "rare"? there can not be that much gold in them.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140507532453&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Any thoughts on why the market jumped on these? I have a few pair from late 50's and 60's....plus a bunch of issue pairs, but I never thought of selling as they are such a nice touch when putting a grouping together...

hmmmm :shock: :shock:

/r/Gy Dan

Happy Hooligan

probably some hollywood movie or star is wearing them so now everyone wants them... I know the 24K versions go for a lot, that that pair you showed was a 12K filled.... ?

Wow, that seems a bit crazy. I had no idea they were going for that much. I had several pairs running around loose at one time, but now I just have the pair my dad wore in Vietnam. He modified them by removing the top bar. I have a modern pair of AOs I did the same thing to 'cause I thought it looked pretty cool.

Here's my dad's modded ones...these are 12K gold filled, IIRC.

standard.jpg

Dan, you might have enough $ stuck back in yours to pay for a year of the kid's college. :D

USMC_GAU-21

I guess I should dig a few and see if they sell.....College? Nope that $$$ goes to Nylon :lol: :lol:

What can I say I am addicted...