• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with this question

ElHandymanoli01

2B643407-E2AE-4190-934F-BAC3711E59FC.jpeg
64B3A5F1-4AF4-4276-B3F3-5730EA6FA29E.jpeg

Just here to ask if anyone has knowledge to see if this is fixable ? I tried YouTube but nothing , thanks in advance

Dumpster D

Looks like a little moth damage, check for moth eggs. Always.

Darn the cuffs and waist holes by hand, using a needle and thread, it takes some practice and you have to find the right thread. If you wear the jacket like that, the holes will 'run' and get worse. You want to keep the original cuffs on that Jacket it looks like it's in nice shape.

Put on a couple movies and get stitching, it's not a race either, just enjoy the process.

Guys are all obsessed replacing cuffs but I like em' when they get a little ratty and patched up...that's part of the vintage character.

ElHandymanoli01

Not a big deal to fix this if you have the skill and understand how to..... a bit harder to fix rib-rack ones, but still possible. If you do not know how to, replace these like it was already indicated. An example of how to work on these is below:
I think my cousin might be better at this then me & thank you though I do appreciate the help
And especially with the video

ElHandymanoli01

Looks like a little moth damage, check for moth eggs. Always.

Darn the cuffs and waist holes by hand, using a needle and thread, it takes some practice and you have to find the right thread. If you wear the jacket like that, the holes will 'run' and get worse. You want to keep the original cuffs on that Jacket it looks like it's in nice shape.

Put on a couple movies and get stitching, it's not a race either, just enjoy the process.

Guys are all obsessed replacing cuffs but I like em' when they get a little ratty and patched up...that's part of the vintage character.
Kinda had a feeling it would & doesn’t seem to have any eggs from what I saw

& yeah ! I was hoping some solution of knitting or something, and thankfully there is , I didn’t know it can be replaced, but either way I agree try and fix before getting to that & im not biggest fan of leaving it “ worn and with wear “ but I mean even how it is , isn’t that bad compared to others

Thanks