• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with jacket ID requsted

KELORGO

Sorry, Andrew. I'll try to find another posting on ebay and link it here. It's basically a hooded canvas-type pull-over jacket that has cross lacing starting at the chest line and going up toward the neck. I've seen it described as a Navy deck jacket, anorak and rain poncho.

http://lrbushcraft.com/html/100__wool_b ... wool_.html

It looks a lot like the Lester River Bushcraft wool shirt/jacket linked above, but is in a canvas-type material. I linked the LR site, because I know it won't go away at the end of a listing.

Thanks for any help!

KELORGO

KELORGO

Yes, that's the jacket, and that's the first time I've seen a photo of a tag in one. Thanks for posting the link. Hopefully somebody comes along who can provide some history and info on it.

ciddu

These jackets are quite common, and many of them have a tag inside, usually with the navy contract number and sometimes with manufacturer's name, too.
Mine has something like "Red Star Co." and a navy contract number on the tag.
I think they were issued from WWII 'til at least the early sixties, and can have some slightly different features.
If I remember correctly the WWII era ones have the U.S.N. stencil on the breast, while the later ones have USN without dots.
There are some with throat buckles, and pockets too, but you may consider them a totally different model.

dmar836

I have one that belonged to my uncle who was on the Intrepid throughout WWII. I'll have a look at it's markings.
Dave