• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help, what do I do with this jacket

callum

PXL_20230628_233222052.jpg

So I thrifted this Bruno magli leather jacket for very cheap because I recognized the name. I don't know what it's worth (80-200?) And there's a strong smoke smell coming from it. This is worse than just the past owner being a smoker, this is like it being held over a campfire. It is not my size so I would like to sell it but I don't know if I should dry clean it or clean it myself. I know dry cleaning leather is very expensive so I'm just trying to see if it's worth it. I don't know anything about this jacket or the brand besides the OJ Simpson incident, so anything would help. Thanks!
PXL_20230628_233250186.jpg

mulceber

For getting rid of the smell, hang it up in a garment bag and put a cup with some baking soda at the bottom of the garment bag. Leave it in there for a few days and the smell should dissipate pretty well. Para mothballs would work too. They'll give it a smell all their own, but when that smell dissipates, it'll take the smoke smell with it.

callum

For getting rid of the smell, hang it up in a garment bag and put a cup with some baking soda at the bottom of the garment bag. Leave it in there for a few days and the smell should dissipate pretty well. Para mothballs would work too. They'll give it a smell all their own, but when that smell dissipates, it'll take the smoke smell with it.
Thanks so much! Will do