• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help Wanted...RAF

havocpaul

Am trying to assist a friend to add to his RAF flying suit collection. He is looking to source good examples of flying suits for display particularly late-war (Beadon suit) and post-war up to mid 1950's. He doesn't have regular internet access so relies on going round fairs etc but even when I have looked online there doesn't seem to be anything out there. Maybe these items aren't collectable unlike the USAAF/USAF types. He found the WW2 examples such as the Sidcot easily. I did find this useful list of all RAF gear up to the 1960's which some here might find useful.
http://www.flightgear.dk/22cref.htm

As regards the flying suits, please let me know any leads,
cheers
Paul

A

Anonymous

I take it Paul that he's a proper collector and not worried about sizing ?

Hope you're keeping well BTW.

Dave

havocpaul

Thanks, to and from hospitals but keeping going. Size is not an issue as he won't be wearing any, they are for his RAF displays.

havocpaul

yes, I've looked at his site many times over the years, unfortunately he seldom updates his stock list and his listings are full of 'recently sold' items, my friend did call him a while back but no joy....the search continues!