• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help me with sizing confusion/BR Jackets

dav3469

Folks:

I have reviewed a large number of threads dealing with sizing issues on the popular reproduction nylon jackets, and am a bit confused.

I was wondering if there are any "bigger" guys out there who actually have experience with the sizing.

I am 6', 240, with large frame/broad shoulders. I wear a 48-50 suit jacket depending upon cut. Even if I woke up with a six-pack flat stomach I would still need the larger sizes due to my frame.

I own several nylon jackets, that were mostly purchased 12-20 years ago. (prior to filling out ;) ). I find that the XL fits (my original Rolen L-2B as posted in another thread, as well as a 90's Alpha), but of course is snug, and not comfortable. I recently purchased an I Spiewak & Sons L-2B replica in XXL. It fits fine, but is actually a bit roomy.

I had always discounted the Buzz Rickson range of jackets as I figured nothing would really fit. But after reading many threads where jackets seem to be big, I was wondering if a Buzz might fit the 48-50 range? Or is it model specific on the repro as far as fitting larger than marked?

The jacket I like is the BR original L-2 style.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
dav3469 said:
.... I was wondering if a Buzz might fit the 48-50 range? Or is it model specific on the repro as far as fitting larger than marked?

The jacket I like is the BR original L-2 style.

I'm not a large size, but in the L-2, I do wear a size down from my other Buzz jackets, and it fits fine.

HPA seems to agree ...

Sizes 34-46. This style is light weight and fits generously; thus, a 46 should comfortably fit a 48" chest measure.

They would be worth a call. ;)

Tim P

see my recent post re the buzz Ma1. I am six two and 227. measurements for other nylons feature too.

dav3469

Thanks for the tips guys. I think I may give it a go next season if they get some of the larger sizes back in stock.