• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help finding a navy patch

PilatusPilot

Hello everyone,

I'm sure for most it's a pretty simple question but I have no clue where to find those. I'm not sure what those patches are called, and quite frankly not sure about their purpose. I've seen a few times on some leather navy jackets (possibly some nylons too), patches on the sleeves with numbers "100, 200, 300" and they were sort of overlapping. Now I can only imagine those represent the amount of sorties a pilot had from a carrier? What are these patches called? I looked all over Google trying my best to search something and nothing comes up. And I can't even show you an example because I only see them on occasion and never saved a picture.

If anyone knows what these are for and their name, would be appreciated.

Flightengineer

Are you sure you're a pilot? :)

etc

clue :
Centurion - pilot who has made 100 landings on carrier.

PilatusPilot

Are you sure you're a pilot? :)

etc

clue :
Centurion - pilot who has made 100 landings on carrier.
Those are something but not what I have seen no... The ones I've seen are usually stacked together on the sleeve and go from 100 to 200 and then to 300. All the same colour and all the same shape... Again, I wish I could show you but i have no reference. Thanks though :)

Flightengineer

trap%20tabs%201_438x640.jpg