• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help!1 Advice needed!!

geedee

Hi guys I ordered an Aeromarine from Aero Leathers, its in russet jerky horsehide. It's a standard Size 40 chest but I'm not sure about the fit, I think I may need a custom size and was hoping I could tap into you guys huge experience for some advice?
1) I think I need an extra inch on the body length and sleeve length?
2) When I button the jacket, I get crease lines in the front running from the top fastened button diagonally to the shoulder (see pic). Does this mean the jacket is too tight?
3) The upper sleeve seems very roomy, should I get an inch taken out of it?
4) Does the back look right? Or would a one-piece back it better?
5) It's for spring-summer - would goatskin be a better option that the jerky horsehide for drape, weight etc?
Thanks a lot for your help!

Attachments

• 20230304_120235.jpg
    20230304_120235.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 108
  • 20230304_115903.jpg
    20230304_115903.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 106
  • 20230304_120141.jpg
    20230304_120141.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 120

Silver Surfer

The sleeves are ok, but could be longer. I’m biased towards longer sleeves for the sake of practicality. Yes, the top front looks a little snug. Often as not the crease will appear in many button up, but goes away with wear time. An easy solution would be to move the top two buttons 1/2 towards the center. Those hide look real nice and will break in to be comfy. The back looks perfect. Btw, welcome to the abusement park. Goat vs hh is a personal choice.

JonnyCrow

The sleeves are ok, but could be longer. I’m biased towards longer sleeves for the sake of practicality. Yes, the top front looks a little snug. Often as not the crease will appear in many button up, but goes away with wear time. An easy solution would be to move the top two buttons 1/2 towards the center. Those hide look real nice and will break in to be comfy. The back looks perfect. Btw, welcome to the abusement park.
It looks like it's pinching across the chest, I agree, move buttons nice looking jacket though,

JonnyCrow

Hi guys I ordered an Aeromarine from Aero Leathers, its in russet jerky horsehide. It's a standard Size 40 chest but I'm not sure about the fit, I think I may need a custom size and was hoping I could tap into you guys huge experience for some advice?
1) I think I need an extra inch on the body length and sleeve length?
2) When I button the jacket, I get crease lines in the front running from the top fastened button diagonally to the shoulder (see pic). Does this mean the jacket is too tight?
3) The upper sleeve seems very roomy, should I get an inch taken out of it?
4) Does the back look right? Or would a one-piece back it better?
5) It's for spring-summer - would goatskin be a better option that the jerky horsehide for drape, weight etc?
Thanks a lot for your help!
Welcome

B-Man2

The bottom line ( and it always works out this way ), you’ve got to be happy with the jacket or as stated earlier …. It will never get worn or see the light of day . You’ll find something you like better and wear that jacket .
That’s all good advice you’ve been given .

geedee

Thanks for that guys, as a noob here I really appreciate the benefit of your experience. Yes I'm going to definitely get a replacement now with adjustments to length and chest. I'll post some pics when it arrives!