• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Headwind Mfg Co - Exclusive Forum Member Offer

Skyhawk

As we put the finishing touches on the last outstanding orders, I would like to extend an offer to all forum members.

I will accept a deposit of half the price of any jacket we make. The other half of the cost will be due when the jacket is ready to ship out.
The Greatest Generation jackets by Steve Sellers are not included in this offer.

Timeframe and how it works:
We have have been completing 10 jacket runs in an average of 3 to 5 weeks. We plan to keep this going, so that would mean a new run every 5 to 6 weeks.
1. PM me with a request for a deposit and an update on current timeframe status (This will keep it to just forum members, no guests)
2. I will send you an invoice for the deposit
3. We will provide regular updates on the progress
4. When complete, I will send an invoice for the balance
5. Once the invoice is paid, your jacket is shipped

We are currently planning the next run. I have 5 jackets planned and room for 5 more. Production on the run begins next week.

PM me with any questions.

Skyhawk

I did say that. This is a deal extended to the forum members only, as a reconciliation. I have already taken care of all outstanding orders and customers. I have made the jackets, and issued the refunds where necessary. I have apologized to each customer and to the forum in general.

This is not a sale. This is a offer that the general public does not get. It costs me more than the deposit to make them. That means for the forum members, I will be throwing in some of my own money to make the jacket for them.

bseal

0FC1C5FB-EA31-4AEB-A849-D211828B15D1.gif

Umm, ok. I believe that a reasonable person circumstanced at arm’s length from your transaction would intuit your enticement as a solicitation to exchange money for a commodity. If so, best of luck with your promotional sale. By the way, was the handsome C-1 discontinued from your offerings, as it appears that it is no longer on your webpage…? Will it be back as an option to purchase in the near future? Thanks.

Last edited:

mulceber

Uhh, I don't think anyone said it was a sale. They were suggesting it was an attempt to promote your business and get people to buy jackets. Which, if it is, fair deuce, I guess we misunderstood what “I did not come back on the forum to promote my business or sell jackets” means.

bseal

Uhh, I don't think anyone said it was a sale. They were suggesting it was an attempt to promote your business and get people to buy jackets. Which, if it is, fair deuce, I guess we misunderstood what “I did not come back on the forum to promote my business or sell jackets” means.

Is this the long awaited atonement then? It’s not a sale, it’s a charitable contribution?! Wocka, wocka.

5176DEAB-49B8-4FE8-BF76-57877428B5A6.gif

Let us not forget that the former Mrs. Depp donated all of her 14 million. Wait, well … it was, “pledged.”

Last edited:

Brylcreemer

Is anybody here actually going to buy a jacket from this guy?

I know I never will out of principle - even if he's gotten his operations in order now (which we only have his word to take for), it shouldn't be this easy to come back from after those awful, awful business practices.

This unashamed shilling of his wares so soon after the so-so apology is pretty audacious. There's something quite sociopathic about the whole thing tbh.

bseal

It would be exciting to purchase quite a few jackets at full price and then recommend the product to others. The fact that our cab driver is ostensibly silent now, well, read into that how you like.

Last edited:

33-1729

I recently placed an order for a rather expensive guitar pedal and the deposit requirement was zero. When it is ready to ship I need to pay via bank wire or some other form of cash. Money is money, so cash, check, gold sovereigns, whatever, works for me.

Given the concerns I’ve seen raised perhaps requiring no deposit, or a somewhat negligible amount, would be a better approach. Trusting the buyer would help regain trust in the seller.

bseal

Is anybody here actually going to buy a jacket from this guy?

I know I never will out of principle - even if he's gotten his operations in order now (which we only have his word to take for), it shouldn't be this easy to come back from after those awful, awful business practices.

This unashamed shilling of his wares so soon after the so-so apology is pretty audacious. There's something quite sociopathic about the whole thing tbh.
D2683668-EC0D-4D93-A427-37057D91DA18.gif