• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Handsome dude selling an A-2

rich

The classic A2 with sweatpants - always a winning combination! It's a nice looking jacket though.........

ties70

....having realized that A-2 is not the best looking jacket.....
....selling all vintage A-2 jackets...
....pick up only to wear....
....not to hang in the closet...

...blah...
...blah...
...blah...

Ties

A

Anonymous

"Being talked about badly is preferable to not being talked about at all " Wish I could remember the celebrity who first said that.

Send the man and the subject to Coventry or Room 101 PLEASE !!

Dave

rich

Dave, I think it was Oscar Wilde -

There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about. ...

But what about the jacket? Shame it's not bigger. And this is not a dig at the man, but IMO I wouldn't call that an especially good fit - and I'd make that remark whoever's auction it was. But I still think that leather has fabulous patina. :)

A

Anonymous

Thanks for filling in the blank rich. You are, of course, quite correct :Oscar Wilde it was.

Yep, fit is definately in the eye of the beholder. I wonder if Steve is selling up and has changed his collecting direction due to 'events' on this forum ? Please, that was a rhetorical question and I REALLY don't want any answers ! :D

Dave

Peter Graham

Burnsie said:
But seriously what's with all the name changes? On the FL he's Estevan, Senicko Spain, and Stones Fan, sometimes all in the same thread.
Oh, and he doesn't like A-2's anymore. Did you get that?
Phychological disorder perhaps ? Cue Jacket Head wading in about how we should never ever mention him...ever again !

Weasel_Loader

deeb7 said:
Peter Graham said:
Check out the dude selling this A-2. Whoever could it be ? :) :)
http://cgi.ebay.com/WWII-WW2-Horsehide- ... 0314420207

Is it the end of an era? ;)

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=35788

WOW!!! Talk about an identity change.
haha.gif

Burnsie

Weasel_Loader said:
WOW!!! Talk about an identity change.
haha.gif

OK, now his FL avatar is an A-2 with a red circle/line through it saying "just say no to a bad fit"...shucks, it's a veritable anti A-2 crusade!
And now I'm done talking about it.

A

Anonymous

Burnsie said:
And now I'm done talking about it.

I doubt that somehow .................................... :) You all miss him too much. :twisted:

Dave

Baron Kurtz

Oh well, it's a nice jacket.

But an extremely ill-fitting one. The beauty of the piece cannot mask the reality of bad fit. Look how it sags at the waist line. That is the epitome of a size 36 man wearing a size 38 jacket. It's how you looked for a year after your ma bought you a school blazer "to grow into".

Steve's recent epiphany regarding A2s is an interesting one. I have been a detractor for a long time, as a fan of aesthetics and the emphasis of the male body shape - which the A2 definitely does not accentuate - so to have such a long-term drum-beater suddenly drop on my side is interesting, to say the least.
bk

Lignemaginot

It must be difficult to come to the realization that one's oddly shaped body doesn't look good in the classic A-2 jacket.

I would definitely hope to have a support group around me if I were to suddenly realize that I don't actually look good in any clothing, let alone the A-2.

A

Anonymous

Lignemaginot said:
It must be difficult to come to the realization that one's oddly shaped body doesn't look good in the classic A-2 jacket.

I would definitely hope to have a support group around me if I were to suddenly realize that I don't actually look good in any clothing, let alone the A-2.

Nope, it was easy. It's also saved me a fortune in various repro's as each maker tries to outdo the other in providing "1942 out of the box" :lol: Quite the epiphany I assure you.

And no support group - all they'd do is laff at my oddly shaped body. Prozac - and lots of it :eek:

Lots for people fall in and out of love with their collectables - be it china plates or leather jackets. We normally end up repeating the cycles a lot and it all costs us a lot of money as we seek to re-purchase that 'keeper' we didn't keep.

Dave

Lignemaginot

"I am 5´7 " tall and 150 pounds with an athletic build and a 38" chest."

An athletic build? :lol: :lol: :lol: The egotism of this person truly knows no bounds.

Baron Kurtz

"Athletic" build is merely the correct term to describe the relation of shoulder, chest and waist. I think it goes something like: if your chest is more than 4" bigger than your waist - or is it 6"? - you have an "athletic" build. With a large chest the shoulders will probably be wide too, for your height. The much-sought-after idealised "inverted triangle" male torso shape.

Never having met the seller, i can't say whether his build is truly athletic or not.

I will defend him in saying that the greatest flaw of many eBay listings is not giving information about the model. With a blousy jacket like the A-2 which can, and (this is the reason i dislike them) does, hide the features of the torso, this info is invaluable to the potential buyer with no recourse to trying it on before purchase.

bk