• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GW Dubow 27798 in new HH ready!

better duck

Gents,

John just emailed me to tell me that my Dubow 27798 in his new HH is ready! I already tried to upload the pics he sent me to Photobucket and on to this post, but I get an "Error 404" message there, so without any pics for now. I'll update as soon as I can. And of course pictures of me wearing it will follow too in due course! I'm one anxious little fellow, lying in wait for the mailman to arrive next week!

Andrew

You are a lucky Duck! :lol:

Looking forward to seeing the shots Peter, this is one I may also be ordering next year.

Roughwear

The new hh looks amazing, Peter. BTW what sort of zip does it have, an original or one of John's repros?

better duck

Roughwear said:
The new hh looks amazing, Peter. BTW what sort of zip does it have, an original or one of John's repros?
Yeh, the hh looks great, doesn't it! As for the zip: I asked for and got an NOS Talon.

Andrew

I'd be very happy with that, the uppper left (as you look at it) shoulder looks greaat...

Roughly how long from ordering to delivery?

better duck

Andrew said:
February '09 - next week :) No problem for me, as I've grown to appreciate any period waiting for something as part of the fun (and I even didn't (yet) study Zen ;)

wop54

better duck said:
Andrew said:
February '09 - next week :) No problem for me, as I've grown to appreciate any period waiting for something as part of the fun (and I even didn't (yet) study Zen ;)
Great jacket Peter!!! It surely looks terrific!!! I envy you :mrgreen:
Im in the middle of my looong waiting... three months gone, four months to go :roll:
After having read (years ago) the book "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" im considering to write "Zen and the Art of Waiting a GW Jacket" :D Pheraps within this forum i could sell a few copies... :cool:

Andrew

better duck said:
Andrew said:

Working back that means I need to put my order in next month to get it for May '10....!

A

Anonymous

Andrew said:
Working back that means I need to put my order in next month to get it for May '10....!

BUT when do you need to pay for it Andrew ? Is it all up front ?

J_H

CBI

That's an outstanding jacket - looked at it yesterday. Really amazing - Wow - congrats!

My new Perry will be coming soon.

better duck

Andrew said:
better duck said:
Andrew said:

Well, I'd take into account that he is getting more and more succesfull (read: busy), even more so after Red Tails opens (when is that sceduled?)..... Well, according to my philosophy on this, that only means even more lots of joyeous time, waiting for your (self administered) present! :D

Andrew

Dave, we all know John's not in this for the money, so that shouldn't be a problem;)

... And Peter, considering today is my birthday I'm going to give myself that present! I've alwys liked to think that things would slow down for JC coming out of the new year leaving time to have one made for our cooler months but it's never been the case.

SuinBruin

Hot damn that is a good looking jacket. I already have 2 GWs and have my eye on a third... probably a Dubow, maybe in seal.

johnwayne

Nice jacket - the nearest I've got is my recently arrived JC cd! Fantastic - no 296!!
Viewing that, or some of it, and seeing these pics is not helping matters - my desire for a Goodwear (Doniger probably) is ever growing!!!!!

Wayne
PS anyone thinking of parting with a 42 GD Doniger in Goat then please let me know!!

better duck

THE MOMENT draws near, it could even be today:
Here's the latest result of my checking USPS tracking service.

Out of Foreign Customs, August 27, 2009, 6:37 pm, NETHERLANDS
Into Foreign Customs, August 24, 2009, 9:09 am, NETHERLANDS
Arrived Abroad, August 24, 2009, 9:09 am, NETHERLANDS
International Dispatch, August 19, 2009, 9:31 am, ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS)
Arrival
Processed through Sort Facility, August 18, 2009, 4:54 pm, SEATTLE, WA 98168
Acceptance, August 18, 2009, 3:02 pm, SEATTLE, WA 9811

The latest entry could mean "it" is in the hands of the postman right now.
He always comes late in the afternoon, and oh blimey, I will not be home then, having to take the girls to their hockeytraining .....