• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GW Aero 16160 HH size 46 arrived!

better duck

Gentlemen, I feel not a little decadent, having just received my second GW jacket within a fortnight!
But, my feeble excuse are these photos, that testify to yet another perfect jacket, that fits me perfectly.
I'll post more, if and when time allowes....
BTW: the waterdrops are silent testimony to the fact that I nearly forgot about you guys, and immediately - out of the box and after only trying on for fit (perfect) and faults (of which I found none) hot watertreated the jacket, before putting in on again.
As an afterthought, I asked my trusted court photographer, daughter Tamara (9) to step outside for a minute (and abandon a Garfield movie for that period) and take these photos:

IMG_2794.jpg

IMG_2787A.jpg

IMG_2790A.jpg

IMG_2792A.jpg

Tim P

Erg Goed.

decadent indeed but a nice contrast with the other one you have. maybe it will be worn in the flesh at Duxford '09?

Andrew

Looks great Peter, boy you have some pull- I'm jealous, I couldn't get a response from John about those sale jackets. You know that you're not going to get the lived in look of your old ELC's now that you have to share your wear time across two additional jackets... :lol:

The HWT is going to really help though.

better duck

Tim P said:
it will be worn in the flesh at Duxford '09?
Well, there you have a (self created) dilemma!
As a matter of fact I hope that my ELC Star with the Elvgren "Knee-ding a lift" jacket art by Robin Mott will be ready for showing off with at Flying Legends!

CBI

BD - great A-2. I picked up one just like it (Seal HH Aero) about 2 months ago from John (it was slightly used). Really fantastic in every respect!!!!!

srivats

BD, great jacket and fit. I am not a fan of the seal brown color, but I must say that your photos look great.

better duck

In another thread I just posted a picture of my GW GS Dubow after four months of wearing it. Well, actually that was two months, as it was more or less alternated with the GW Aero 16160 I got in January.
As promised here are some pictures. First, next to one another: brand new and right now (April 10):

IMG_2787A.jpg
IMG_4852.jpg

Then some picture of what happened on the evening of the day I got the jacket, and may it serve as a dire warning for those who consider hot water treating their jackets!! As shown in the first pictures I wetted the jacket with hot water immediately after having received and inspected it: it serves to mould the jacket nicely to ones frame / body countours.
That evening I wet it again, and stared wringing the leather, like I have done countless times. When I got to where the pocket flap is attached to the jacket, I felt (more then heard) the leather tear:

IMG_4656.jpg

Obviously the bundle of bunched up leather sewn together was too much at that point when wrung this way and that.
I felt rather miserable after that, I can tell you!! I consulted with John, who kindly offered to repair the jacket for free. But I wouldn't risk sending it overseas twice again, so after some shopping around, I brought it to a local leather repair shop here in Groningen, handed it over, and started praying. Here's the result (of the repair job, whether the praying influenced it, I couldn't say):

IMG_4660.jpg

And from the outside:

IMG_4658.jpg

Oh well, shit happens, and those jackets are meant to be used and used hard.

A

Anonymous

Hi Peter they did a good job on the repair ,must of hurt when you looked down and saw what you did .But the repair is under the flap ,if it had to happen I guess this was the best place .Its not damaged its character to the jacket .Are you all moved in your new place .

All the best Jeff

Vcruiser

Yikes!..Peter..that would of made me quite sick as well.
I think whoever did the repair sure did an exellent job,tho.
Van

veli1

better duck said:
Then some picture of what happened on the evening of the day I got the jacket, and may it serve as a dire warning for those who consider hot water treating their jackets!! As shown in the first pictures I wetted the jacket with hot water immediately after having received and inspected it: it serves to mould the jacket nicely to ones frame / body countours.
That evening I wet it again, and stared wringing the leather, like I have done countless times. When I got to where the pocket flap is attached to the jacket, I felt (more then heard) the leather tear:

Hello Peter,

I'm very sorry to hear that your GW jacket has torn apart but that is the reason why i didn't want to ruin my jacket with hot water treatment...

better duck

veli1 said:
I'm very sorry to hear that your GW jacket has torn apart but that is the reason why i didn't want to ruin my jacket with hot water treatment...

Well, so am I (sorry, that is) but it wouldn't keep me from HWT another jacket - or this one for that matter. I would only be very careful around areas, like the pocket and windflap attachments, that are vulnarable to twisting and turning like motions.

navvet

Your jacket now has a personality all to itself. Fortunately, it is hidden from public view. May you have many years of incident free wear.