• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Guys! Question for current issue A-2 and G-1

Atticus

Other than the various, high-priced vintage militaria dealers we all know about, e-bay is the only place I know of to buy actually-issued flight jackets. I think that Cockpit is still making the A-2, which is now complete with side-enty pockets. I'm not sure who has the G-1 contract, but the last I looked, it was Excelled Leather, or maybe Pharr.

To put it differently, I don't know that a civilian can buy a brand-new, military-issued flight jacket. To get a jacket with a military tag bearing a proper SPO number, I think you're gonna have to buy a used jacket.

AF

A

Anonymous

How about Gibson & Barnes (flightsuits.com)
Didn't they have the contract ?

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
PLATON said:
How about Gibson & Barnes (flightsuits.com)
Didn't they have the contract ?

Although they have supplied jackets, I don't believe they hold any contracts ....

We make clothing and equipment for pilots in the U.S.Air Force, Army, Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard. And in other countries, military pilots from Eritrea to Japan prefer our gear. They know they can depend on us for first quality military clothing and equipment.
We outfit both the Navy’s Blue Angels and the USAF Thunderbirds and we designed NASA's flight suits for the astronauts. The Navy and Air Force both order our A-2 and G-1 leather flight jackets for their hard-to-fit aviators and VIP’s