• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Great Deal on Army Aramid Cold-Weather FLYERS Jackets!

jimbo

Just wanted you guys to know there's a truly good deal on some cold-weather surplus military jackets.

http://www.armygear.net/ag/store/00174.html

I ordered one (as I was looking for a relatively hard to find medium-long size, and found these folks). The jacket was great, and indeed, new and unissued. Authentic military-issue stuff, too. Arrived quickly in a nice little, well-packaged box, and looks nice when opened and laid out for inspection. I've even already washed and dried it (as I'm strange about stuff like that!) and it looks quite excellent.

Anyway, just wanted you folks to know they are available at a steal...

Jim

Rutger

That's a good price indeed, especially when like new.
Highly recommended, very practical and durable.

I'm a bit off as for their optional choices " Made from 100% Fire Resistant Aramid or 100% Non-Melting Nylon ".

Afaik both are one and the same, but now I got something to figure out (again?).
Aramid = aromatic polyamide, polyamide = nylon. Might be just nomeclature not understood.

Dr H

Strictly speaking, they are both terms for polyamides (a generic term for polymers containing the -NHCO- bridging group).

Aramid/Nomex materials are always aromatic polyamides, whereas 'Nylons' (a trade name) are more typically aliphatic polyamides (although aromatic nylons do exist).

It's a nomenclature thing - they'll be flame resistant aramids.

grommet

jimbo said:
Just wanted you guys to know there's a truly good deal on some cold-weather surplus military jackets.

http://www.armygear.net/ag/store/00174.html

I ordered one (as I was looking for a relatively hard to find medium-long size, and found these folks). The jacket was great, and indeed, new and unissued. Authentic military-issue stuff, too. Arrived quickly in a nice little, well-packaged box, and looks nice when opened and laid out for inspection. I've even already washed and dried it (as I'm strange about stuff like that!) and it looks quite excellent.

Anyway, just wanted you folks to know they are available at a steal...

Jim

Please post the measurements. Thanks!

jimbo

Yup - I love it!

The measurements on my (med/long) jacket are:

- chest - 21'' (armpit to armpit)
- sleeve - 25'' Shoulder seam to bottom of cuff)
- back length - 27.5'' (top of folder collar to bottom of jacket trim)
- shoulders - 19'' (shoulder seam to shoulder seam)
- front length - 22'' (top of zipper to bottom of zipper)

(all measurements taken on zipped jacket, laid-out flat on bed)

The color is a nice, flat OD-green. Not 'old-school' OD, but a nice, military-look OD. Seems to be well-made, and is quite warm in a cold wind.

I hope this helps, guys...

Check 'em out - you won't regret.
Jim

Please post the measurements. Thanks![/quote]

PaulGT3

Those are the ones we wore in the Air Force.
I was probably a 38-40 BACK then but not now!!!
great price of $8 too.