• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gordon & Ferguson Field and Stream jacket

oose

Hi all,

Just picked this up, it arrived today, I was not sure what would arrive, it was listed as a 1980's jacket, and from the poor out of focus pic it might well have been, took a punt for a £10, thought it could be 40's-50's. Its a great jacket, its about a size 40-42 unfortunatly the arms are a bit long for me. Leather is great condition as is zip, knits are in great shape(replacements, not that greatworkmanship!, would like somthing to compare them to) , shame the lining has gone in places. Its going to be a good wearer with a thick jumper under, allthough if anyone is interested, I need to raise sum funds to fix up my M-422a which just arrived. Anyone got any ideas on this one. I'll add some daylight pics later, as the flash is a bit harsh!

jacket-4.jpg

label.jpg

zip.jpg

leather.jpg

yours stu

jack aranda

Hello, Stu:
I was exploring through posts before my time and found this one of yours. I have a very similar jacket, a black steerhide size LG (fits like a 42-44) made by Roots, a Canadian company better known for its sports gear than leather jackets. I bought cheap on ebay a few years ago, replaced the lining, repaired the zipper, and it is a very good jacket, with room for a thick 'jumper' under. I'm willing to let mine go, as well--newer jackets have pushed it to the back of the closet :( . It reminds me of a tanker jacket, or a varsity jacket without the wool parts.

2791569650104585873S425x425Q85.jpg

2424851320104585873S425x425Q85.jpg

2791398920104585873S425x425Q85.jpg