• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GoodWear Jacket Order

sbsandy

By chance would any of you kind folks know how long it really takes to receive a jacket from John? I am loathe to bother him after reading all the post's about how busy he is.
I placed an order with him on march 3rd and at that time he indicated approx 10weeks to make. I'm sure you understand how excited I am to receive one of his jackets the wait is really hard. He was kind enough to send a try on jacket he really is a nice guy which i'm sure all of you know. I called him couple of day's ago and his message box was full, which is the reason for this post. Any info would be great. Again THANK YOU!!

Sandy

jack aranda

Hi, sbsandy:
Your wait time is about right. John is no doubt running at warp speed to get everything done, including your jacket :roll: . Email works pretty well, and John peeks in here at VLJ pretty often, so you can probably catch up to him. The waiting is murder, I know.

better duck

I ordered my second GW Dubow in HH in February and am still waiting. I had to wait seven months for my first GW Dubow in goat. But if you can see the waiting as part of the fun, and during that period "mentally look away" if you know what I mean, time will still fly. And once you have your jacket, the waiting time is all but forgotten!
Relax .....

Hi Sandy, I´m on the wait list for the second jacket from John. My advise is for you to try to relax and "enjoy the wait", anyhow as they say it´s part of the fun. The correct approach is to think that you will have the jacket to enjoy next winter.

Waiting also gives you a sense of earning the jacket when you finally receive it. As with everything in life you must earn it to really enjoy it. That´s my opinion...

;)

sbsandy

Thanks for the input guy's Ill just pretend 7 months is 10weeks make the time go by quicker....

Thanks AGAIN!!
Sandy

better duck

sbsandy said:
Thanks for the input guy's Ill just pretend 7 months is 10weeks make the time go by quicker....

Thanks AGAIN!!
Sandy

Hi Sandy,
Just a little additional comment on this quote. I sense some disappointment in it, in the sense that John originally indicated 10 weeks, and now, bloody hell, we're over twice that time!!
It would seem that John was overly optimistic about the ETA of your jacket, but you should realise, that his is still a one man operation. Imagine: he makes three - five jackets a week, on his own, cutting the leather, sewing them together, corresponding with potential and actual customers (all of whom have countless questions to ask, if I take myself as reference), while in the meantime sourcing leather, even in (and going to) Japan, dealing with suppliers, customs, doing research into new jackets and what not. And I think the big (and important one, from a business POV) order for Red Tails is also somewhere in this timeframe.
Oh well, it's not up to me to defend John, it's just that I greatly admire what he's doing with what was originally also just his hobby!

jack aranda

Well said, betterduck. I'd just add that his working space is smaller than my motel room here in Thermopolis, Wyoming. It is remarkable that so much comes out of so little space. Perhaps Churchill could be paraphrased here: "Never have so many waited so long for such splendid jackets from so little a source." :)

sbsandy

Oh no i meant no disrespect, I know John is a one man show I understood that when I placed the order with him. I also knew he was trying to acquire new leather from Japan which I indicated I wanted for my Jacket.

Again i'm sorry should have chosen my words more carefully, and also thanks for the kind reply's...

Sandy

A

Anonymous

Hi Sbsandy did you not get the email from JC re taking the rest of the year off due to exhaustion .Jacket orders to be resumed JAN 19th 2010. :eek:

That why the mail box is full :lol:

Jeff

kobol

The waiting can be tough especially when you are on the final stretch. An email I received last week, indicated any day now my jacket should be finished. This is actually the worse for me knowing it's this close and waiting for the "come and pick it up".
But during the wait, I had time to see new models introduced by John and new leather. So I had time to change my order. It will be a Dubow W535-AC-20960 now.
Patience is the key.