• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goodwear Italian Horse

Bewear88

Does anyone have experience of this hide - presumably similar to Aero’s Vicenza - and as it ages more grain will begin to show? I know sone don’t like it (Aero’s) but I like my Aero Vicenza and think might be good on an a-2.

mulceber

Does anyone have experience of this
It's basically the same stuff that Eastman and BK use, although it differs from BK's horsehide in that it isn't pigment-dyed. IIRC, John has it in a new dark russet color that's somewhere between your typical seal and russet.

Bewear88

It's basically the same stuff that Eastman and BK use, although it differs from BK's horsehide in that it isn't pigment-dyed. IIRC, John has it in a new dark russet color that's somewhere between your typical seal and russet.
If I ever order directly - that sounds like a good option. Just very expensive ordering new - and I don’t have enough knowledge yet to enjoy the process!

Pa12

Yes. I’m not complaining about the horween. It’s just different. The jackets even feel lighter.

mulceber

I don't have any of John's Italian HH. I can compare it to my BK Star when I get home, but my gut says "no, just more pliable." I suspect that the Horween is either chrome tanned or combo-tanned, where the Italian is purely vegetable tanned.

mulceber

Oh, definitely WAY better than lambskin. Pa and I were just making the point that it's pliable in a way you don't normally associate with HH,

Pa12

Example
IMG_5635.jpeg
IMG_5634.jpeg