• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good Wear Perry 23377 Size 44, patched CBI

Dr H

I'll post some more images when I have more time and better light, but in the meantime a jacket maker of some note has kindly modelled this one for me. :cool:

This is a Good Wear Perry 23377 A-2 (the russet goatskin contract) in a modern size 44 with a nickel Conmar, three piece inner windflap and offset hanger. John recently took apart a ratty example of the contract to make small improvements to his pattern and this shows as this is extremely close to the real thing.

It has layered leather patches in keeping with a CBI jacket (I don't know whether John made these, but they are of excellent quality and aged beautifully - was anybody on the Forum responsible?).

patches_2.jpg

patches_1.jpg

The goatskin is excellent and very similar in weight and appearance to my previous issued 23377 jackets - I'll be interested to see how it ages and fades as it'll be alternated with my remaining ELC A-1.

ButteMT61

Wow - that's yours Ian? Not sure who the studly model is, but why don't you put that thing on your own back and shoot some pics! Just don't forget to tuck in your shirt :lol:
Can't wait to see more of it...

Dr H

Thanks all.

Yes Scott, this one was offered by JC at too good a price to pass up and, with the 'collection' (such that it was) having been significantly reduced, I'll be using it alternately with the ELC A-1 (though this one's a tad casual for work Andrew ;) ).

Fortunately, the model was on his mettle and there was no sign of a shirt tail (no dress etiquette issues here :geek: ). I'll take some more photos of the jacket and patches in the coming weeks (just need to find a suitable tree or gate ;) ).

Here's a Perry 23377 that I sold a while ago (a size 42, depot redyed example).

Perry003.jpg

P1020098.jpg

P1020029.jpg

P1020026.jpg

It was too small to be entirely comfortable so it had to go, but I loved the look of it (seal redyed/worn off in places - such a cool look). Would it be too sacrilegious to try this on this jacket in time? What do we think :?

a2jacketpatches

"It has layered leather patches in keeping with a CBI jacket (I don't know whether John made these, but they are of excellent quality and aged beautifully - was anybody on the Forum responsible?)"

Not 100% sure, but they look like mine with the russet borders.

Dr H

In which case I doff my cap to you as these are very, very smart indeed.
I'm not generally a patch wearer (at least not since the 70s on my jeans :oops: ), but the CBI shield looks like it fell off a 70 year old jacket.
I'll post some images this evening if I get the chance.

dmar836

Ian,
Sacrilegious in what way? I say it would be cool. You could do it like I did the Star- maybe thin the dye a bit to allow for quicker wear?
I have two 23377s, one in russet and one in a redye with quite a bit more dye on it....... not that you asked.
Great jacket! Someday......

Dave