• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good Wear Perry 16175-P Size 44 (seal)

Dr H

Recently, I posted images of a Good Wear Perry Sportswear 23377 (the older, smaller goatskin contract, W535ac23377); this is the corresponding horsehide contract in seal horsehide.

In common with the earlier contract, the horsehide jacket has a collar stand, nipple snaps, and a Conmar zipper (this GW has an NOS Conmar fitted).

Characteristic of these patterns are the short, rounded collar points and pocket flaps with a shallow curve to the bottom edge and stitch lines that are spaced further from the edge of the flap than is typical. There is open box stitching reinforcement at top corners of the pockets. The three-piece inner wind flap is also in evidence here.

The photographs were taken outside in the shade in May sunshine.

A bit of musical Good Wears in the Hamerton household: Paul (HavocPaul) now has my 23377, which was a shade large on me and this one came from John (Blackrat2) and fits me more comfortably.

CIMG2788.jpg

CIMG2787.jpg

CIMG2785.jpg

CIMG2784.jpg

CIMG2783.jpg

CIMG2781.jpg

CIMG2780.jpg

CIMG2779.jpg

CIMG2777.jpg

CIMG2776.jpg

CIMG2775.jpg

CIMG2774.jpg

CIMG2773.jpg

CIMG2772.jpg

I'm not typically a horsehide fan (I prefer goatskin and capeskin) and also have usually had russet jackets, but this a good colour combination, which complements the lining and the brass Conmar well. A modern take on Andrew's seal 16175-P...

I'll take a little while to get used to horsehide - significantly heavier than either goat or cape...

Roughwear

Lovely Perry Ian. It see it has the three piece inner windflap. It's amazing how some jackets get passed around members here! ;)

Dr H

Thanks Andrew. Yes, schwopping...
I'm less inclined to hold on to jackets that are not 100% right for me. Act decisively then move on without too much hassle.
The 23377 is fab, but sleeves need a smudge off for me - this one is good to go now as
I have a Doni on order, but that's months away...

Jason

That looks fantastic. I like the colour as shown in the photos there - not quite russet, not quite seal. Matches quite closely the colour of my second Perry. JC has once again excelled himself, and you've got a lovely jacket. If that ever grows 'old' on you, better send it down here ;)

Dr H

Thanks Jason...
At the moment, I feel that 'old' is a week or so :roll:
When I get the Doni, the justification for more than one A-2 will be harder for me so I might well drop you a line...
It is a lovely jacket as ever...

blackrat2

Glad it's working out for you Ian...as hard as I tried I think the body length was way to small on me...and as luck would have it my RW was waiting for me when I got in...will post some stuff up about that on another thread
Interesting what you say about having a second A2 as when I opened the RW it is a completely different leather,colour,weight etc etc given the fact that it is a seperate contract

ButteMT61

That's a gorgeous jacket Ian! Actually, there's some merit having someone else doing the break-in for you. The more these get worn, the better they look...and speaking of - we never see YOU in YOUR jackets Ian. Are you some MI6 agent??? :lol:

Dr H

Nah, I'm just shy and retiring... ;)

Perhaps I should factor in the break-in service to the cost of these jackets when I sell :lol:

Roughwear

Retirement! At your age! What you need is to retire to your room and take some pics of you in that fine Perry. :lol: