• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good Wear A-2 Werber - A Jacket of a Different Color

CBI

Here is my latest and favorite vintage"d" look. Reminds me of Paddy's Aero (recently put up for sale) and G's great Korean War Aero. Love this look of lots of the under dye showing through.

IMG_4307.jpg

IMG_4306.jpg

IMG_4305.jpg

IMG_4304.jpg

this was the jacket before (after hot water, etc):

IMG_4287.jpg

the new look might be too aged for some but I love it and WOW, the wife really likes it. I have also gotten more compliments on this one (the dark one) so far than any of my others. I like all sahdes of A-2 but seal is my fav! For those who like the previous look, not too worry, I have another one I have not touched yet ;)

High Iron

Lookin' good, lookin' good! Did you do a "depot"ish respray on that baby? I'm liking the knits, are they the dull mid-brown? Woop, check that, meant dull yellow-brown.

CBI

yes, kinda that depot respray look or, just the look of the multi-died (layered) jackets (like many Aeros) that develop that great patina from years of wear. Not a theater war time patina like the others. Not sure of the exact color of these knits.

cmk-2

What a great looking A-2!!! I had J.C. built a R.W. and then he Depot redye for me. The look you have is what I am going for. Mine is slowly getting there but WOW yours is already there. But Half the fun is wearing it and getting that aged patina. How many times do you walk by a mirror and stare? I know, I do all the time.It's really great when you walk by a mirror you don't know is there and you just get a fleeting glance of the A-2. Yes My wife thinks I'm NUTS!!

greyhound52

Great job that is one repro I would like to own. Looks like the real thing. Yes knits just like Bevan's and my 38 Aero I got from him. Here it is

P1020299.jpg

and a close up of the Aero mentioned by CBI
3675371407_31d0d6727b_b.jpg

bseal

Would you be so kind as to elaborate a little further on the dyeing process on this particular Werber?

CBI

sorry, very busy here. Its a combo of leather dye by Fiebing's (mixed black and dark brown) and some acrylic paint highlights. The jacket has a protective coat of Fiebing's Resolene. I did this combo on some leather goods many years ago and its held up really well.

Just too much going on here, not able to check in much. I have 5 jacket projects (2 originals, 3 GW's) that are in the pipeline (they sit in the closet just looking at me or the otehr way around!). The orginals are a question of new namestrips and patches (and refurbish/reinforcing leather areas) and the 3 GW's are dye, patch, paint jobs (various combos). Probably months before I can get to these. I also have a few patch jobs for forum members and some "commerical" patch work. Oh, yes - my actual real job as well.