• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good Wear 1939 Werber

Chandler

Can anyone comment on the color? It just seems very red to my eye.

The pockets also seem more scalloped than what I've seen, not to mention the contract number on the label is different than the original ELC pictures at their site -- how many contracts did Werber actually have?*

*A perusal of Acme Depot shows 4.

Chandler

kobol

I might be able to shed a little light on this jacket. I just picked it up from John this afternoon. It is brown with little reddish undertone. The fit was right on for me. I can further details later as I am currently riding the bus home right now. Also it has one change already. He sewed on my nametag after trying it on for fit.

kobol

I mistakenly mentioned I was getting a Dubow in an earlier thread. Its what happens when I use copy and paste and incorrectly copy the wrong phrase.

Here are some outdoor pics I quickly took just now.

008-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Chandler said:
-- how many contracts did Werber actually have?*

5 ....

• 33- 1729
    36- 1112 P
    38- 205
    39- 2951 P
    42- 1402 P

Roughwear

IMO this is one of the best jackets John has made. I guess its made from his new batch of horsehide. The pre-war Talon style zipper is spot on. My question is where does he source this zip from, assuming its a repro, which it appears to be?

havocpaul

I have to say the Eastman Werber they had in the time-worn/warhorse hide displayed behind the counter at Duxford was exceptional, it looked all of 70 years old!

Roughwear

havocpaul said:
I have to say the Eastman Werber they had in the time-worn/warhorse hide displayed behind the counter at Duxford was exceptional, it looked all of 70 years old!

Yes I agree, Paul. It's one of my favourite Eastman A2s. I picked up a hardly worn size 42 a few months ago and its a better fit than the size 40 I used to own.

bseal

havocpaul said:

Don't suppose you have an image or two you would like to share?

havocpaul

Sadly not, Gary was so busy as the only spare time I got was at the start of trade on the first day, he did show me what the time-worn looked like on the M-442/G-1 goatskin..very nicely done IMO. I did come away thinking hard about getting the Werber in that time-worn look, the 'caramel' colour had great graining and wear and from a few feet away I initially thought it was an original jacket displayed.

Roughwear

I placed my order for the 1939 Werber today. John tells me that having completed the Redtails movie order the wait time is now 10 to 14 weeks.

airfrogusmc

Chandler said:
Can anyone comment on the color? It just seems very red to my eye.

The pockets also seem more scalloped than what I've seen, not to mention the contract number on the label is different than the original ELC pictures at their site -- how many contracts did Werber actually have?*

Chandler

Chandler I think ELCs is a 1933 in fact I think the 33 Gary has he got from Paul. This jacket is a real beauty. Man I just might have to get one. He really gets the details right doesn't he? Check the pocket shape, the epaulet and the throat latch. The zipper to...