• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gonna get inside Mary alice with a flying helmet on......

Tim P

Post that anywhere else and the innuendo would scream at you...
Today I am off to duxford where Haynes, best known for their car technical manuals are doing some photographic work in the 401st BG B17 Mary Alice. either my RMNZ B-3 or my ELLC B6 (possibly also my b10) will feature as I have a waist gunner impression to provide.

Steve27752

Re: Gonna get inside Mary alice with a flying helmet on.....

You lucky ***** post photos when you can :mrgreen:

PADDY_M

Ha-Ha!!! :lol: I 'DID' read that the wrong way!! There was me thinking, "That's a bit kinky wearing the flying helmet..but still...LUCKY GUY!!!"

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.

PADDY_M said:
Ha-Ha!!! :lol: I 'DID' read that the wrong way!!

Here she is ...

England%201350%20(7192).JPG

Peter Graham

Lucky sod. Have a good day and come back with some photos.

zoomer

Anytime I get inside Mary Alice, or Mary Ann, or Mary Elizabeth for that matter, I always wear a helmet. I recommend all you gents do the same. ;)

Tim P

I will not be recognisable as Me and my oppo had sunglasses and oxy masks on. I took right waist and what was a peachy was connecting my A14 02 hose and the comms cords to the aircraft systems. I got a feel of how restrictive even moving in a comparatively open area while connected up was. Not very 'memphis belle'.
I wore my B3 with A3 trousers (having initially putting on A5 type but I put my frickin thumb straight through the shearling.) we were both dressed the same so it will provide a good visual. all other positions were photographed too except for ball turret. Most of the rest wore Aero 'little patches' A-2jackets painted by yours truly.
I was unable to take pics but when some are sent to me I will post here.

better duck

Great opportunity Tim, you lucky sod, must have felt special!