• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

German flight jacket

JonnyCrow

Me years ago at one of my ww2 reenactment group camps, bought this from a old guy in Germany, only obscure reference I found similar was to a Seenotdienst air sea rescue jacket, had early blue plastic RiRi zippers, lovely jacket to wear though

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220913-152815.png
    Screenshot_20220913-152815.png
    751.7 KB · Views: 113

Enigma1938

Any evidence that this was used by german air force? Never seen a jacket like that before and german ww2 air force jackets are my specialty for years now. The fur on the cuffs and the pockets are absolutely atypical for german flight jackets and so is the fur itself.
Maybe @Pilot knows, but I doubt that this is a ww2 german gear.

JonnyCrow

Any evidence that this was used by german air force? Never seen a jacket like that before and german ww2 air force jackets are my specialty for years now. The fur on the cuffs and the pockets are absolutely atypical for german flight jackets and so is the fur itself.
Maybe @Pilot knows, but I doubt that this is a ww2 german gear.
Hi Enigma, like I said was a bit of a conundrum we discussed it lots of times in my group, one of those off items that turned up from Germany, wish I could say more, but it looked good at the time