• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Genuine or not USGI Apecs parka?

eamenos

Hi!

I've kept an eye on a multicam pattern Apecs Parka manufactured by Valley Apparel, according to the label.

It is announced as a genuine USGI parka, but there is no NSN and the contract number makes me feel it is not US military official.

Here the are pictures. Hoping someone helps me!

Thanks and regards.
1000038717.jpg
1000038718.jpg

Skyhawk

This is legit but it's not current issue. The Crye company that owns Multicam, would not release the rights to enough contractor companies to supply the military. The military in turn, just made their own Multicam like pattern and call it Scorpion OCP. It is not as good as the real Multicam. There are district differences that I won't go into now.

eamenos

This is legit but it's not current issue. The Crye company that owns Multicam, would not release the rights to enough contractor companies to supply the military. The military in turn, just made their own Multicam like pattern and call it Scorpion OCP. It is not as good as the real Multicam. There are district differences that I won't go into now.
So I understand that this parka was US military legit during a short period of time, not used now in the present.

Skyhawk

Yes it was used for a short time., then they made all personal get rid of the Multicam and gave them the Scorpion OCP.