• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Genuine chevron zipper by Crown

gruvi

Hi,
I just picked up a very intact Crown A2 correct chevron style zipper to replace the worn out zipper in my RW 1401P. Will getting this put into the jacket hurt or help its collectibility? Right now the current Crown in the RW is okay and works but its missing the male part. It also has some separation near the very top I worry one day will allow teeth to tear away from tape if worn zipped all the way up. The replacement I got has zero tears and is healthy. Any input is greatly appreciated :)
Gerard

gruvi

I got it off ebay and it turns out the seller is someone I know! I didnt know whom was seller originally as he and I met via the forums. He and I just discussed it, and he said I got a sweet deal and I am getting a healthy zipper.
I will keep it in the pocket of my RW for a rainy day.

Jason

Back to the original question: yes, Roughwear 1401P's were fitted with Crown zippers - not a lot, but I have seen some originals this way. So it'll be in keeping with the originals.

gruvi

My 1401p came with correct crown zipper but the male side was damaged at the bottom, hence me getting this replacement. ;)