• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G1 RALPH EDWARDS SPTSWEAR.INC

Thomas Koehle

Just wanted to share some pics of my Ralph Edwards which i aquired from Lucas @coolhandluke

Before the "deal" Lucas provided very detailed photos of the condition of the jacket and we found a reasonable agreement

The G1 arrived here in Germany via a one of my pals in the US a couple of weeks later

Except the knittings the condition of the jacket is splendid - unbelieveable that it was produced about 60 yrs ago

The only measures to bring her back to her previous glory was to replace the knits - meanwhile my seamstress is an absolute PRO in doing so

I just snapped a few snapshots

@mulceber as soon as i'm back home i will take some detailed photos for your database

before:
v6FSK6w.jpg

zuWUPna.jpg

after:
Kw02HHQ.jpg

9hrcuPM.jpg

Like already mentioned the pics are a bit rough and maybe not that significant - will provide some detail-shots lateron ...

Another "old lady" re-animated (even though the cond. wasn't as bad from the beginning anyway)

Spitfireace

Nice Thomas! Just like my RE 9366. My knits were ok, but I had to replace the zipper with a NOS from MASH Japan because it was incorrect. The RE C 1964 and 1965 contracts are great jackets.

Silver Surfer

Looks like it’s hardly been worn, and the knits look ok, too. The pix do not show knit damage, so, perhaps darning them may be an option, instead of replacing them. Btw, the fit looks spot on. Congrats.

coolhandluke

Looks like it’s hardly been worn, and the knits look ok, too. The pix do not show knit damage, so, perhaps darning them may be an option, instead of replacing them. Btw, the fit looks spot on. Congrats.

Replacing the knits was definitely the right call. They were beyond any sort of acceptable level of repair IMO. That G1 had been sitting in an antique shop here in Oklahoma for at least the last 3+ years with Thomas' name written all over it. I'm thrilled to see it back in tip top shape and being put to good use. In Germany no less! :)

FZbKg91.jpeg

Vplxw4A.jpeg

TN3KCdD.jpeg

Pi8Fp1D.jpeg

Spitfireace